Thai airports to expand for tourism boost

webfact

But it was Anutin's family enterprise which got - co-incidentially of course - awarded the expansion of Swampy during/after Covid already.

Do airports wear off that fast, I mean, we're talking three, four years here? 

We don't have enough tourists. 

We have too many tourists. 

We don't have enough tourists. 

We have too many tourists. 

...and on and on, ad infinitum and ad nauseam

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As per usual,  politicians and senior officials are like the weather.... Full of hot air. 

They are very similar to artillery soldiers... Gunners

They're gunna do this and they're gunna do that.  Whereas they do fak all.  Actions speak louder than their piss weak grandstanding. 

I was hoping to read that Buriram airport ( currently undergoing large reconstruction ) will become an international airport . Also most provincial flights seem to go to Bangkok where you have to change planes for your destination . If the carbon footprint mattered in Thailand , it could easily be reduced dramatically by flying direct provincial flights .

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, ezzra said:

And yet, Thai health authorities reports of 10,000 new Covid cases everyday,

and yet 3x as many died during 4 days of songkran than in a month of covid. covid deaths are minimal now. 

16 hours ago, webfact said:

as the global Coronavirus pandemic subsides.

ahhh it subsided a long time ago. 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, webfact said:

The government's tourism goals include 80 million tourists by 2027 and promotion of event-based tourism for higher revenue.

Is that 80 million a year or 80 million with 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027 ?

If they are aiming for 80 million a YEAR that would be a disgrace. They can barely cope at the moment with 40 million a year. 

EDIT - just seen they are actually aiming for 80 million tourists a year !!!!!!!! WOW. That is nuts 

Edited by DonniePeverley

I hope it wasn't a fluke, but my April trip to BKK, there was no queue at immigration on arrival, or departure.  Just walked up to waiting agents. 

Since it was my 13th straight monthly exempt entry (at least I think that was the reason for asking), the agent stamping me in asked how long I'd be staying this time.  I told her 4 days and got a smile and a stamp.

Even departure security was quick, with no queue to speak of.

Fingers crossed I didn't just jinx my May visit.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, webfact said:

The government's tourism goals include 80 million tourists by 2027 and promotion of event-based tourism for higher revenue.

if they ever reach that lofty and outrageous goal, the tourism sector will account for 90% of the GDP!! 

Edited by BayArea

• 2 weeks later...