Can I get a 1-year marriage extension if not living with wife?

She can come to immigration with me but we won't be living together for the first 2 months due to me starting a new job and her resigning from her job.

Would it be better to go to Savanakhet and get a multi-entry instead?

What about home visit? 

A single entry non O from Savannakhet would give you a 90 day stamp and subsequently you could obtain a 12 month extension. 

You could delay current extension date by obtaining 60 day extension to visit wife 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JeffersLos said:

Get an extension based on your employment.

You are legally employed with work permit and contract? 

Guess it depends which one is most likely to finish first?  With an extension based on working it ends quickly when the job finishes, one would hope that the marriage would be a more permanent thing.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Guess it depends which one is most likely to finish first?  With an extension based on working it ends quickly when the job finishes, one would hope that the marriage would be a more permanent thing.

His wife will be living with him at that stage.

Get an extension based on your work permit and contract. Your new job is providing all work permit and visa extension services yes?

If you ever want or need to change, simply get the next extension on marriage as you will be living together. 🙂

• Agree 1

Havent lived with  mine  for over 18 years ( thankfully) no problems  yet, home visit  once in all that time, she was there for that but  only by chance as they didnt make ann appoinment. She does show up  for the annual visa fiasco though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Sure, I've done it. My wife and I don't live in Thailand, however, once a year I renew my extension based on marriage. And, I go by myself a few times for vacation in Thailand, and than we don't live together in Thailand 🤣

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/3/2024 at 8:05 AM, DjSilver said:

Sure, I've done it. My wife and I don't live in Thailand, however, once a year I renew my extension based on marriage. And, I go by myself a few times for vacation in Thailand, and than we don't live together in Thailand 🤣

Me too. But when one goes for extension your wife should be present

On 5/2/2024 at 8:50 AM, DrJack54 said:

What about home visit? 

A single entry non O from Savannakhet would give you a 90 day stamp and subsequently you could obtain a 12 month extension. 

You could delay current extension date by obtaining 60 day extension to visit wife 

If going to Savanakhet wny not get a 1 year ME non O?

10 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

I don't see it mentioned OP does not have this?

I don't see it mentioned that he uses the 400K funds method, as opposed to the 40K income or Embassy Income letter.

On 5/2/2024 at 3:32 PM, decline said:

She can come to immigration with me but we won't be living together for the first 2 months due to me starting a new job and her resigning from her job.

Probably simplest way would be to apply for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your wife.  That would extend your current Permission to stay with 2 months - the time you mentioned that due to work circumstances you would not be living at same place.

On 5/6/2024 at 5:26 AM, Max Brok said:

Me too. But when one goes for extension your wife should be present

She is, that is when she travels to Thailand too meet her mother.