Splitting a chanote

How easy/difficult/expensive is it to split up a chanote (lets say 40 rai) into (4) smaller plots (of 10 rai each)?

Any peeps with first-hand experience?

15 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Not 40 rai, we had 6 rai, cut into 6 lots of equal size.   Simply need to contact the land office and get on their Q.  They can tell you the rest.  Don't know the exact cost, but not expensive, <6000 baht, all in (2011), but only 6 rai.

You need to clear the boundary of the lots.  And if any are going to be landlocked, you need to allow a way to access them, or put an easement on the chanote, which may turn some buyers off.

Ours was 6 lots, 3 facing road, and 3 behind them.  So easy to cut road to lots as part of the lot.  House was on 2 lots, and other 4 sold:  

Untitled.png

That's very useful info, thanks, appreciated!

Do you remember how long the process approximately took?

40 minutes ago, ward said:

That's very useful info, thanks, appreciated!

Do you remember how long the process approximately took?

Q took couple months (2+/- weeks or so), but that was Udon Thani metro area.   Chanotes were ready about 6 week later. 

Had a lot re-pegged at Amphur Muang PKK, and they arrived in a couple weeks.  Verify & peg the lot, and Chanote also took about 6 weeks.   Just need to verify boundary before constructing perimeter wall.

I found both land offices, UT & PKK to be very informative & cooperative.  No real issues, but our paperwork was always prepped and we knew what the expected if anything.   

Just ask.

• Love It 1

On 5/13/2024 at 11:43 AM, KhunLA said:

Q took couple months (2+/- weeks or so), but that was Udon Thani metro area.   Chanotes were ready about 6 week later. 

Had a lot re-pegged at Amphur Muang PKK, and they arrived in a couple weeks.  Verify & peg the lot, and Chanote also took about 6 weeks.   Just need to verify boundary before constructing perimeter wall.

I found both land offices, UT & PKK to be very informative & cooperative.  No real issues, but our paperwork was always prepped and we knew what the expected if anything.   

Just ask.

That's awesome, you rock mate. Thanks a bunch for the quality info! 

Feel free to send me your prompt pay via DM so I can send you a coffee/drink of your choice 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1