Non-O expires re-enter on 30 day

A quick question. 

My single entry retirement non-0 expires 10 Jan 2025 but I want to book a flight out of Thailand on 18 Jan 2025. Rather than renewing my single entry non-O on 10 Jan can I go to a border (was thinking of Ranong), exit Thailand on, say, 9 Jan and re-enter the same day on a 30 day visa on arrival and then get my flight on 18 Jan?  

Does anyone see any issues with this and/or know the cost and requirements for the 30 day visa on arrival?

Many thanks.

• Confused 2

A single entry non-O has a validity of 3 months and gives a single 90 day entry.  Do you actually mean you have a 1 year retirement extension of stay without a re-entry permit?  In which case yes, you should be able to do what you want - it's likely you mean a visa exempt entry I am guessing - depends on your country, but it costs nothing, you may possibly (but not likely) need to show your exit flight when entering.

• Like 1

Thanks & sorry for not being clear.

I have a single entry non-O whereby I entered via Suwanaphum on 12 Oct 2022, used up the 90 days and then in early Jan 2023 I extended it in Hua Hin for one year and then again in early Jan 2024 for another one year. This second extension expires on 10 Jan 2025. I was hoping not to have to get another extension as this would cost THB1,900 plus travelling expenses and hassle. I thought it would be preferable to leave and instantly come back in on a 30 day visa on arrival.

I take it this can be done in Ranong. I am British and I would take evidence of my exit flight on 18 Jan in case Immigration need to see that, as you recommended.

Kindly comment & many thanks

Yes

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your single non O is used. 

You are extending your permission of stay.

Why do you not book flight out on or prior to Jan 10.

In any event yes you can do a border bounce without reentry permit to obtain 30 day visa exempt stamp. 

Seems lot of trouble for 8 days.

Almost crazy. 

The reason why I want to do it this way is that I live in Meuang Prachuap and I need to go to Phuket at some point before I leave Thailand. Ranong is on the way. Also I can get a far cheaper flight back to LHR if I fly just after 10 Jan as opposed to just before. There are two of us so multiply that saving by two. Those are two reasons but there are others. Thanks for your suggestion anyway.

23 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

OK, remember it's a visa exempt entry, NOT a visa on arrival.  This thread may assist with the Ranong question;

Thanks, appreciate the info on Ranong.

Someone in that thread talked about hotel receipts. Well I won't have that as I live in my house in Prachuapkirikhan. They all talk about USD10, just as well to know in advance and the cost of the boat (THB100 pp). Hopefully that's all. I haven't done an exit at Ranong for 16 years. 

If it's not Ranong then presumably it would have to be Aranyaprathet, or are there others within reach of central Thailand?

2 hours ago, pasak said:

I was hoping not to have to get another extension as this would cost THB1,900 plus travelling expenses and hassle.

More expense and hassle than leaving the country and returning?

• Haha 1

I believe you could exit the country and reenter prior to January 10 but within 30 days of your January 18 flight.  Leaving without a reentry permit cancels your current extension.  Reentering within 30 days visa exempt will work.