What is the best solution for running the LINE App on Linux Desktop?

GammaGlobulin

Posted (edited)

Hi Folks,

A you probably know by now, I have decided to put Windows Desktop and Apple Desktop behind me, and totally shift to openSUSE forever, until the day I die.

Am I heading off the edge of the known world, do you think?

image.png.732da1b62d120c3d1f53356901d4e077.png

In fact, I have, during the past few years, been too much hassled by Windows, just because I am using the Pirated Software, some of which they pirated from Xerox, back in the day, that they tried to get me to use WHEN they were doing everything possible to expand their Windows OS market share in places like China an SE Asia, and other places.

It was all well and good when they turned a blind eye to pirating Windows, back in the day, when it served their marketing strategy.

Anyway, now, in 2024, Windows has changed its tune as Asia has become richer.

And now, I am getting too many interfering messages from MS telling me that my software is soon to expire.

So, this is not the ONLY reason I am switching away from Microsoft software.

I just feel that I should get back to my roots, 20 years ago, when I really enjoyed using my computer with openSUSE, and when I....

"Had a Lot of Fun".

I do not want to write too much here.

But then....

What is the best way to use the LINE App on openSUSE....

For example, here might be one way:

image.png.d570c12033ba4a37c3fa0280ca3fbd83.png

BUT, and its a BIG BUTT, just like mine, which broke my toilet seat:

I need to have/maintain full functionality of the Windows Version of the LINE App....IF....

Possible!

Any constructive thoughts would be much appreciated.

OTHERWISE, I might just use one of my VERY OLD laptops for the sole purpose of running the LINE app...which, I think...

Might be a bit inconvenient, although totally DOABLE.

Thanks again.

Your NEW LINUX Friend, and...a VERY EARLY follower of my friend....Linus (the pajama king)

Torvalds...Gods Love Him!

Regards,

Gamma

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

By the way....

I forgot to mention in the OP....

a. Many years ago, I began using Linux, instead of Windows OS, and it was good.

b. Then, I really do not know what happened to me...MAYBE BRAIN FOG...or something....but...

c.  Somehow, I became lulled into using Windows OS.

d. But, now, I am back with a vengeance!  I am back to Linux, and just the way I like it.

e.  I don't know whether or not you might be old enough to recall, but....it once was Microsoft policy to ENCOURAGE pirating of its OS, and other MS software, in China, and elsewhere in China, in order to gain MARKETSHARE...... Those were the days.....

f.  But now, the worm, MS, has changed.  And now, the worm, especially beginning now, with Win-11, has changed its policy, and now we Gots to Pay and Pay....

g.  BUT, not ME Babe!  I will NOT Pay and Pay for a shtty OS...when...I can get something just as good, from openSUSE.....

h.  The new model for MS is that EVERYBODY gots to PAY and PAY.....  (THINK SUBSCRIPTIONS, FOLKS)......

i.  I am getting off this MS Bandwagon.  I suggest that you do the same.  The more people who get off this wagon to hell.....the better for every person on this Planet.  

And, the colored girls go..... Doo Dee Doo.....!

j.  Did I just mention that....I have been using Linux for about 24 years?  So, why did I switch to Windows, about 5 years ago? I think it was because, a few years ago, I came to Thailand and bought a Windows computer....  

But now.....

I'M BACK!

I will NEVER go back, never again.

k.  Take a look at this new Budget Comp of mine......

AP1GczMUUHqZyqf2-f83PfDw6Y4YOha8aHSZDqK3hAk9P8WD6q22n_3AjpLybROaNfXODsF9i9qhwcb0n4oFbCq1ODQJZZs8aaVvVMQnmJvix1qywdmNMlMSTlcBTCoeUygtSBkKt8fgNDzOT84gQgWNbtB0v6yn8cMB6ft4BRRzt_w4nwm6HVE4GtdFf3I650q3lm5PEh7xgAoj7HF4MnuXkPbO-WLvXqB9eH5JWfoF3GyF2P2ZjOqE18HycryngFWVSqTVkC9vh-5X2EXAGDanv0MX0BTku93rTrzcC1PgTSLQWY8aI6aal9bxhekxJPW6g6TY2aS2pfXNCVE0JPjDM_Qbj2HYSeTeR30jR11ThWQGvkV72AQcsRptof6fh6bsDi00YvDMdqE-6sXdq55-VNi1DqiPMOTlCwsRzvqZZHHCPqVJbuFHreX4j0ahAJpzEOrJanpHvFtri4zOI7VLqTDAk-A-Tkfm_Yp8X8VXbYyuuCtAnhXoWF3khrV642lGcQZ4NRLEzGQ0xO3F-WUNnQcTwLCgsebalNq9MRKijZQoBRfeynaPYkIIukiYCgNOE6tScE0Lt9cGbj2s4Yv-viWbGAWyAjkZ3gugTFIDG2RBLx8WcGdbhJGRRpc3BuhBtjvdFqC6mBOFE0ytmcedeJsX8lBS8edbhN4iN-CHfEEdYyAlpMq2M6HtlUKaMPp5HAgOuoUBI-QTMAZNt3cm1Clj1XbCQLNm-4WuQxclzGrYINtZ2pVpOYU03Qp68Z9reWUb2qISfb3d34WLQD0jaPM59VPmiNmgdhjchyQdawHNj6ZZtr2R8tW82QJ6ZKWjlgC49zBdsm7fYytSaaEK9EAgoahRwxBvvt8sAWV8qtCFyOgGLsM5v_LH6AvqPwlTPmxnme-q-RHaX4BzlJWk2pIdTDp43M_agcPB6iZ3gViBuNsd-QNBTFlGoFVAM1TB-kS8gT4uyIJOwbSMD71iIQTPqLryOKG68IBVskUFp11YIuBuDj5ymEuNHPGP0g-kf4SyGA=w1765-h993-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Does it say WINDOWS?

l.  The more you use Linux, the more you love it...and.....

HAVE A LOT OF FUN

m.  I just got to figure out how to use the LINE app, is all, with the same functionality available on a Windows computer....

So....any thoughts?

NEVER GOING BACK to Windows Trash Desktop.

NEVER.....

Hope you will leave that OS, which represents nothing more than OPIUM FOR THE MASSES.....

Trust Me.....and regards,.....

Gamma

NOTE: Take a walk on the WILD SIDE with openSUSE.....

Thumbs UP for SUSE!

The Panzer-Heads make a GREAT Product!

Just to paraphrase what TOM WOLFE once did write !!!!!

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I am back with a vengeance!

Yes, Folks...

I am back with a vengeance....

And, the main REASON for this Topic, besides trying to figure out LINE on Linux, is that I feel such udder regret for ever dropping Linux for Windows, for about 5 years.  Now, I feel just so FREE and HAPPY....honestly.

I am talking about vengeance.

So GET INTO IT, why don't you!!!!!!!!

MY LOVE for SUSE is....

VENGEANCE!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I am getting too many interfering messages from MS telling me that my software is soon to expire.

Well, turn them off. 5 minutes.

12 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I will NOT Pay and Pay for a shtty OS

You don't need to pay for Windows. Can run w/o activating, but no Personalization, and with a non-activated message.

14 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

What is the best way to use the LINE App on openSUSE....

First, build your imagined new computer or, better, get someone to build it for you. Then install openSUSE, get it running, and prove you have it running. Then we'll think about LINE. Meanwhile, you have your phone and your other computer.

So, why did I switch to Windows, about 5 years ago?

Nobody cares.

But now.....

I'M BACK!

No, you aren't. You're planning to be back. And yawn! Planning and planning and planning and announcing and announcing and blathering and sticking in gratuitous youtube links for the drama you need.

You may well go right back to Windows.🙃 After more announcements, excuses, and the usual fanfare. Same as other trolls dramatizing, in long discussions, their LEAVING Thailand forever after countless provocations and cruel mistreatment. Then, after further bashing from afar (supposedly), they come right back. 

k.  Take a look at this new Budget Comp of mine......

AP1GczMUUHqZyqf2-f83PfDw6Y4YOha8aHSZDqK3hAk9P8WD6q22n_3AjpLybROaNfXODsF9i9qhwcb0n4oFbCq1ODQJZZs8aaVvVMQnmJvix1qywdmNMlMSTlcBTCoeUygtSBkKt8fgNDzOT84gQgWNbtB0v6yn8cMB6ft4BRRzt_w4nwm6HVE4GtdFf3I650q3lm5PEh7xgAoj7HF4MnuXkPbO-WLvXqB9eH5JWfoF3GyF2P2ZjOqE18HycryngFWVSqTVkC9vh-5X2EXAGDanv0MX0BTku93rTrzcC1PgTSLQWY8aI6aal9bxhekxJPW6g6TY2aS2pfXNCVE0JPjDM_Qbj2HYSeTeR30jR11ThWQGvkV72AQcsRptof6fh6bsDi00YvDMdqE-6sXdq55-VNi1DqiPMOTlCwsRzvqZZHHCPqVJbuFHreX4j0ahAJpzEOrJanpHvFtri4zOI7VLqTDAk-A-Tkfm_Yp8X8VXbYyuuCtAnhXoWF3khrV642lGcQZ4NRLEzGQ0xO3F-WUNnQcTwLCgsebalNq9MRKijZQoBRfeynaPYkIIukiYCgNOE6tScE0Lt9cGbj2s4Yv-viWbGAWyAjkZ3gugTFIDG2RBLx8WcGdbhJGRRpc3BuhBtjvdFqC6mBOFE0ytmcedeJsX8lBS8edbhN4iN-CHfEEdYyAlpMq2M6HtlUKaMPp5HAgOuoUBI-QTMAZNt3cm1Clj1XbCQLNm-4WuQxclzGrYINtZ2pVpOYU03Qp68Z9reWUb2qISfb3d34WLQD0jaPM59VPmiNmgdhjchyQdawHNj6ZZtr2R8tW82QJ6ZKWjlgC49zBdsm7fYytSaaEK9EAgoahRwxBvvt8sAWV8qtCFyOgGLsM5v_LH6AvqPwlTPmxnme-q-RHaX4BzlJWk2pIdTDp43M_agcPB6iZ3gViBuNsd-QNBTFlGoFVAM1TB-kS8gT4uyIJOwbSMD71iIQTPqLryOKG68IBVskUFp11YIuBuDj5ymEuNHPGP0g-kf4SyGA=w1765-h993-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Does it say WINDOWS?

Same old trick.

The more you use Linux, the more you love it...and.....

HAVE A LOT OF FUN

But you're just having a lot of fun while thinking about Linux, or imagine that you are. You can continue doing that while you're using Windows--just as you are now.