How easy is it to get a new honda click fob? Lost my hob whilst driving

Posted (edited)

Hi, about a month ago I purchased a new click 160. The fob came with the barcode and 2 keys or whatever the correct term is for those 2 things on the fob keychain are. 

Stupidly I just kept them both together. That's not even the most stupid part anyway I drove about 150k today and after about 100ks I noticed the key indicator flashing I didn't think anything of it. I just carried on riding till I needed gas. Cue 30 minutes later when I stopped for gas. I realise when I park my bike properly. I can't unlock the bike when I come back. Then it occured to me that I left the key in my pocket by accident and the wind from the driving had blown it away into god knows where and how many km away on the road.

I bypass the start with the barcode number pressing the switch x number of times for x number. After watching some Phillipinho YouTube tutorial lol. Thanks to the lash at the dealership who made me take a photo of the barcode. She said it important na not forget it. Anyway it's not convenient but hey at least I didn't have to leave it in the middle of nowhere and could make it to the destination 

Anyway i wil get to the point now. Thanks if you made it this far. How long does it take to get a new replacement hob set from honda in people's past experiences and what kind of price is it? The price of my stupidy. And can it be done at any official honda dealership (where I got mine from) just would it matter if its not the one i bought it from originally as I'm not there again for 2 weeks

Tbh I kinda expected it to happen one day just not so fast. First thought when I saw it was keyless. Never lost a key in my life before! Because they don't come out the ignition. I hate this keyless nonsense. 

Edited by hello55060

Elementary mistake but many of us have lost keys with no spare. Go to a Honda dealer and they should be able to program a new remote key in about 15 minutes. So, so lucky that you have a picture of the barcode. Cost about 1,200 Baht if I remember correctly. I got an extra remote key fob when I bought my ADV150 in 2020. Let us know how you get on.