Too Many 30 Day Stamps.

I live in Thailand but work overseas. I work an equal time rotation at work. This means I do 4-5eeks at work and then 4-5 weeks at home in Thailand. This used to be fine, but recently they started to closely examine my Passport each time I passed through immigration in the airport. I asked them several times if there was a problem but each time I was answered ‘no’.

Today I went to the local immigration office to get a 10 day extension to my 30 day Visa, as I have done several times before. It seems the ten day extension is now only a seven day extension for the same money. Seven days is not enough, as my flight back to work is in ten days. That’s one problem. The other problem is that the girl at the immigration office also told me that I have been in and out too many times and would not be allowed back in to Thailand next time. I am now wondering what to do. As I posted in another topic I pass through Dubai and could possibly get a one year marriage Visa there. Other than that I don’t have any other ideas.

Any suggestions?

You may think you "live" in Thailand, and that is all fine and dandy, but in the eyes of immigration law(and this is all that counts as they control your situation) you are a tourist.

Options that come to mind to alleviate the restrictions of continual 30 day permit stamps:

1 year multi entry Non-O visa (based on marriage), 90 day permit of stay per entry, extendable with proof of income

1 year multi entry Non-B visa (if you can arrange a sponsor letter), 90 day permit of stay per entry, extendable with work permit

3 year APEC Business travel card (if you are of a nationality that can apply), 90 day permit of stay per entry, non-extendable

Just get a tourist visa from the country you are working. I am sure they will gleefully dole this out for you. No need to complicate your life with the above.

Rumour has it marriage visas are more trouble thna they are worth these days.

You could also fly into KL and get a visa there (or Penang) and take a bus to Penang and the train north.

Edited by theseveredhead

I live in Thailand but work overseas. I work an equal time rotation at work. This means I do 4-5eeks at work and then 4-5 weeks at home in Thailand. This used to be fine, but recently they started to closely examine my Passport each time I passed through immigration in the airport. I asked them several times if there was a problem but each time I was answered ‘no’.

Today I went to the local immigration office to get a 10 day extension to my 30 day Visa, as I have done several times before. It seems the ten day extension is now only a seven day extension for the same money. Seven days is not enough, as my flight back to work is in ten days. That’s one problem. The other problem is that the girl at the immigration office also told me that I have been in and out too many times and would not be allowed back in to Thailand next time. I am now wondering what to do. As I posted in another topic I pass through Dubai and could possibly get a one year marriage Visa there. Other than that I don’t have any other ideas.

Any suggestions?

where are you from ie you British? well anyway try getting in touch with the thai embassy in your home country, and ask them, cos it might be you are F@cked now for the 90 days, im not sure, but sounds like it!

either way after that or maybe before youcan get a multi entry.

ill try put a list here, or a link not sure if it works, but if not google it, ok?

one more slight problem is after the thai close today i think it will be wednesday before they open with bank holiday? dont quote me on it, but i think so!

http://www.embassyworld.com/

best o luck and let us know how you get on!

You must know by now, by reading these forums that you are only allowed to remain in Thailand using 30day visa free entry for 90days in any 180 day period. I can only assume you are about to exceed that. so in this instance you should be thinking of leaving early. If you can count up your days and you still have room for 4 more then you should do a quick border run and return with as many days as they will give you. Otherwise it's to a consulate nearby to get a tourist visa.

As you intend to continue to travel to Thailand frequently the tourist visa is not the best way to go as when you leave the visa is cancelled (unless you've bothered to get a re-entry stamp).

As you are married to a Thai ( it would seem from your last sentence that you are) then you are entitled to apply for a Multi entry Non Imm O visa, just show your marriage certificate with your application.(but a multi may be difficult to get in a neighbouring country, suggest you try Dubai)

That will give you unlimited entries into Thailand for a period of 1 year (no visit to exceed 90days).

You really have posted in the wrong forum but the responses are valid.

Edited by Mahout Angrit

As said the multi entry non immigrant O visa is what you should have and it is easy to use - each entry provides a 90 day stay and the visa is valid for one year. You will need marriage certificate and copy of wife ID card (signed/dated) at most Consulates that issue and believe Dubai will. Many Consulates do not want to issue for those living in Thailand full time as they should apply for extensions of stay but your passport will clearly show your work schedule and the multi entry is a logical choice for that.

If you have a problem getting you can use Singapore to obtain if you have a bank account anywhere with 400k baht balance or more, in any currency (a bank statement within the month would be required).

I think that I am going to do a one day overstay this time and then drop off at Dubai and hopefully get a non immigrant O Visa there.

Thanks for the advice.

You might want to consider doing at least a 2 day overstay. The rationale for this is because there is generally a 24-hour wait before the Embassy (or Consulate) will return your passport with the visa. For instance, in Vientiane, the Thai Embassy accepts applications from open (8am?) till 12pm. Then the applicant must return the next day after 1pm to collect the passport. If you arrive into Dubai after the Embassy (or Consulate) stops accepting applications, you may have to wait till the next day to apply, and then come back the following day to collect. Also, never apply for a visa on a Friday or the day before a holiday!

I had a few too many TR visas and 30 day stamps, so I simply made a small tear in the plastic on the first page and were issued a new passport for free. New passportnumber, no stamps, same expirydate. Done this twice now in 4 years.

Just get a tourist visa from the country you are working. I am sure they will gleefully dole this out for you. No need to complicate your life with the above.

Rumour has it marriage visas are more trouble thna they are worth these days.

You could also fly into KL and get a visa there (or Penang) and take a bus to Penang and the train north.

Absolutely agree with this answer! :o

I had a few too many TR visas and 30 day stamps, so I simply made a small tear in the plastic on the first page and were issued a new passport for free. New passportnumber, no stamps, same expirydate. Done this twice now in 4 years.

what country are you from?

what embassay do you use?

where can you get a FREE passport?

New Passport for Free???? You're obviously not a Brit!!!!