Best Border Hop Border Crossing with Non O Multiple from Bangkok

Thanks. I plan to do the run myself in a car. I was looking at all the border crossings in Cambodia and there are quite a few of them. I guess I was just looking for the closest and one with least amount of potential problems. 

Just my personal preference I would use Laos ( Chong Mek )

Laos offers the advantage on an In an Out turnaround without any expectation of must include a nights stay ( with of an extra fee )

In fact re Laos I have never experienced any extra charges going to Laos with immediate turn around.

Just my pennies worth 🙂

Ok, granted that you have a car, then Cambodia is your best bet for the bounce, especially from Pattaya. (Ban Laem border checkpoint was very easy and organized for me).

However, if you're in Bangkok, the easiest border bounce and most cost effective was hopping an Air Asia flight to Malaysia.  The Thai roads are just so dangerous especially driving from & to Bangkok.  I saw so many reckless drivers on my trip last June.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Ok, granted that you have a car, then Cambodia is your best bet for the bounce, especially from Pattaya. (Ban Laem border checkpoint was very easy and organized for me).

However, if you're in Bangkok, the easiest border bounce and most cost effective was hopping an Air Asia flight to Malaysia.  The Thai roads are just so dangerous especially driving from & to Bangkok.  I saw so many reckless drivers on my trip last June.

Maybe you’re right. When I do that I just go to indo and make a vacation out of it. But maybe it’s best to do on my non vacations. Do you really think it’s more cost effective? How long do you usually end up staying in Malaysia? 

On 5/17/2024 at 12:50 PM, Robert Paulson said:

Maybe you’re right. When I do that I just go to indo and make a vacation out of it. But maybe it’s best to do on my non vacations. Do you really think it’s more cost effective? How long do you usually end up staying in Malaysia? 

HI @Robert Paulson, I fly down to KL mid-morning and catch an afternoon fly back.  There is no requirement to stay over night. This simplifies and minimizes my expenditures.  (I booked my flights about 5 weeks before the flight requirement.)