Opera GX Browser.

I always use Opera browser and am very pleased with it, and now there is another browser called Opera GX which has appeared. Anyone know if it has anything to do with the Opera I always use? It's icon has also appeared beside all my other icons.

When I open it up there are lots of different things and I won't explore them in case it affects my original Opera. Anyone help?

3 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

So they are two separate browsers from the same Opera and I can brows and explore Opera GX without it interfering with the original browser?

Yes should two be separate browsers, but you must have allowed the download at some time and we will have no idea if you have allowed GX to sync with your current browser.

Please wait until someone with better knowledge than mine, to also confirm what I believe, that using GX will not interfere with the original browser.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Yes should two be separate browsers, but you must have allowed the download at some time and we will have no idea if you have allowed GX to sync with your current browser.

Please wait until someone with better knowledge than mine, to also confirm what I believe, that using GX will not interfere with the original browser.

I had never heard of opera GX. It just appeared on my screen.

supposedly Opera GX is more for gaming ... it has added features that gamers may use. 

I use the ordinary Opera as it's faster than Brave browser,  but the Opera browser has many bugs in it so some things don't work properly with WIN10.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I had never heard of opera GX. It just appeared on my screen.

I don’t use opera, but can only think that GX was possibly downloaded during an update, if you have not given permission somewhere to install it.

Someone with better knowledge will advise.

Edited by Georgealbert

1 minute ago, Georgealbert said:

I don’t use opera, but can only think that GX was possibly downloaded during an update, if you have not given permission somewhere to install it.

Someone with better knowledge will advise.

Thanks again, you have been a great help.

2 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Sorry, not that helpful, but just a limited basic opinion.

It was a help but someone will probably be along to further it. Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I use both. GX has more gamer feels and more aesthetic features and  if you're into gaming, it includes some throttling toggles in case you play games same time as browsing and have performance issues. The only thing it's currently missing (but I suppose it's coming later down the road) is the Tab Island feature Opera classic has. They are very similar otherwise.