Two Lives Lost in Road Accidents on Phuket's Roads Yesterday Night

snoop1130

7676525512_5e5c8a1e99_b.jpg

Israeli child dies in Tuk-Tuk acccident

A five-year-old girl from Israel unfortunately lost her life in a tragic accident in Patong. The mishap occurred on Patong road at approximately 10:40 pm. The Israeli girl, Nbaa Bahnasi from Jerusalem, was on vacation in Phuket with her family. They were travelling in a tuk-tuk driven by 51-year-old Bunyang Kaewaksorn.

Unfortunately, when the tuk-tuk suddenly braked to avoid a pedestrian, young Nbaa fell onto the road. Tragically, she was struck by a car that was following closely behind.

Despite being quickly transported to Patong Hospital, Nbaa was pronounced dead upon arrival due to the injuries she sustained from the accident.

Motorbike rider crushed by truck

A 52-year-old Thai man tragically lost his life in a motorcycle accident on Bang Jo Road in Srisoonthorn earlier at 5:20pm. The man, named Thanakorn Kahong, was hit by a truck while waiting at a traffic light. According to Thalang Police, the truck, which was transporting rocks to a construction site nearby, began moving when the light turned green. The driver of the truck was unaware that he'd run over the motorbike rider.

A bystander informed the truck driver about the incident 15 meters down the road. The driver promptly stopped and waited for the police to arrive. Kahong’s body was later transported to Thalang Hospital. The police conducted alcohol and drug tests on the truck driver, which came back negative.

Both incidents are under investigation.

File photo for reference only. Courtesy of Google

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-17

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, chercheur888 said:

I wonder what a 5 year girl is doing in Patong at 10.40 PM, with her parents🫣

????  very odd comment...   focusing on an irrelevant point.

Patong is a tourist destination and they were on holiday....

Whats wrong with a child being up late while on holiday ?

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Israeli child dies in Tuk-Tuk acccident

A five-year-old girl from Israel unfortunately lost her life in a tragic accident in Patong. The mishap occurred on Patong road at approximately 10:40 pm. The Israeli girl, Nbaa Bahnasi from Jerusalem, was on vacation in Phuket with her family. They were travelling in a tuk-tuk driven by 51-year-old Bunyang Kaewaksorn.

Unfortunately, when the tuk-tuk suddenly braked to avoid a pedestrian, young Nbaa fell onto the road. Tragically, she was struck by a car that was following closely behind.

Despite being quickly transported to Patong Hospital, Nbaa was pronounced dead upon arrival due to the injuries she sustained from the accident.

This is brutal and tragic....     

Now...  will the driver of the car behind be charged for following too closely ?.. 

24 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is brutal and tragic....     

Now...  will the driver of the car behind be charged for following too closely ?.. 

Or the parents for negligence? 

Just now, ChipButty said:

Or the parents for negligence? 

Negligent for using the public transport options available ??

OK...  we travelled while my son was young, always used 'seat belt' transport and when our son was younger we had a child seat etc.. (which we carried around with us as part of a push-chair package)... when up in Chiang Mai... we used the same car seat... 

When our son outgrew that infant car seat, we used something called a Mifold (portable car seat type device)...   

BUT... in some cases there is very little option for a parent... and using a TukTuk is something nearly every tourist family will do, especially in area's such as Phuket.

So, where is the negligence ???...  can they be blamed for 'where' they sat the child ? i.e. not facing backwards with a parent holding on to them?...   I'm sure they are blaming themselves.

I assume this was a 'side entry' TukTuk, as I cant see how a child could fall out under hard braking otherwise. 

But... If a person or child falls out of a TukTuk and the vehicle behind is travelling so closely behind that they cannot stop... surely that driver is responsible...     Was the drive behind even paying attention to the road in front so didn't see the child fall out.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I assume this was a 'side entry' TukTuk, as I cant see how a child could fall out under hard braking otherwise. 

But... If a person or child falls out of a TukTuk and the vehicle behind is travelling so closely behind that they cannot stop... surely that driver is responsible...     Was the drive behind even paying attention to the road in front so didn't see the child fall out.

It was a rear entry tuk tuk and according to local reports she was jumping around at the back,

5 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

It was a rear entry tuk tuk and according to local reports she was jumping around at the back,

If so, that changes things somewhat...

But, I still believe a following vehicle should be able to avoid something falling out of another moving vehicle when travelling within a town... 

... the following driver was too close & too fast...   

Just like the example where they forum member stepped off a moto-taxi (to the left), dropped his bag and the motorcyclist, while undertaking, behind hit his bag and came off...  The following vehicle should never be close enough to not be able to stop or avoid something that falls off when riding around within the speed limit in towns.

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If so, that changes things somewhat...

But, I still believe a following vehicle should be able to avoid something falling out of another moving vehicle when travelling within a town... 

... the following driver was too close & too fast...   

Just like the example where they forum member stepped off a moto-taxi (to the left), dropped his bag and the motorcyclist, while undertaking, behind hit his bag and came off...  The following vehicle should never be close enough to not be able to stop or avoid something that falls off when riding around within the speed limit in towns.

Normal driving in Thailand, especially in Phuket, when my wife was learning to drive I was always telling her to sit back from the car infront or a bike, give yourself space, 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

????  very odd comment...   focusing on an irrelevant point.

Patong is a tourist destination and they were on holiday....

Whats wrong with a child being up late while on holiday ?

You are right. I didn't know that your parents took you to a place like Patong, somewhere in the world, at 10.40pm when you were 5 years old. That explains a lot.

• Sad 3

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, chercheur888 said:

You are right. I didn't know that your parents took you to a place like Patong, somewhere in the world, at 10.40pm when you were 5 years old. That explains a lot.

Pathetic... are you not bright enough to come up with a better insult ???

Perhaps your parents wanted you in bed early and out of the way because even back then you were an unimaginatively dull and dimwitted embarrassment...   

That would explain your very strange outlook in focusing on something which has little relevance to the story...   This could have equally happened at 7pm....   

-------------

There's nothing wrong with 'holidaying' kids being up at that time...   its quite normal, especially with jet-lag after flying east...  It means they sleep in a little longer in the morning....

Holidaying kids up at that time is very much the norm... 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2