re-entry permit phuket

Dr Jack54, just as an aside, I recently made one of my trips to HKG, and decided, again, to do the re~entry permit at the airport (BKK) prior to departure.

After passing security check,  I went down to Immigration, only to see near empty lines there. But I was, by then, in the "re~entry permit line".

Lo and behold there were 13+people in line (including kids and babies) in front of me being slowly processed by one lone lady filling out their forms and taking photos, changing money etc.

I thought "this is going to take forever" when unexpectedly the lady IO actually issueing the permits, walks out of her "office", visually reviews the situation, and walks up to me (grey haired old farang).

She asked...."you have your form already filled out with photo? Have passport and cash fee ready?

"Ok, wait over there".

She took my things and came back in 5 minutes with everything processed.and stamped !!

I was most appreciative (and unexpected ) and told her so.

Nice gesture on her part.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, orchidfan said:

Dr Jack54, just as an aside, I recently made one of my trips to HKG, and decided, again, to do the re~entry permit at the airport (BKK) prior to departure.

After passing security check,  I went down to Immigration, only to see near empty lines there. But I was, by then, in the "re~entry permit line".

Lo and behold there were 13+people in line (including kids and babies) in front of me being slowly processed by one lone lady filling out their forms and taking photos, changing money etc.

I thought "this is going to take forever" when unexpectedly the lady IO actually issueing the permits, walks out of her "office", visually reviews the situation, and walks up to me (grey haired old farang).

She asked...."you have your form already filled out with photo? Have passport and cash fee ready?

"Ok, wait over there".

She took my things and came back in 5 minutes with everything processed.and stamped !!

I was most appreciative (and unexpected ) and told her so.

Nice gesture on her part.

It took me about 40 minutes leaving in April with all documentation prepared in advance

12 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

It took me about 40 minutes leaving in April with all documentation prepared in advance

Surprised. At Bangkok airports don't recall similar wait time.

Good advice is allow extra time.

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 6:09 PM, Aionss888 said:

Hello, I am on a marriage visa, What documents do I need to get a re-entry permit at Phuket immigration office?

Thanks

You always could send a email to the Phuket Immigration Volunteers ( piv.information(at)gmail.com )for the correct information 🙂

Edited by Rimmer
email address edited per forum rules