Bugged out: Chiang Mai traveller’s rose petal bath hit by insect invasion

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

First thing I do when the rain flies come is turn off all the outside lights let them go to the street lights, Ive seen kids out in the soi catching them, they fry them,

Fried Termites and Chips  🤢 , not as appealing as Fish and Chips  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“I planned to soak in a rose petal bath, but it turned into a bath bomb of termite wings. It’s like karma came in this form.”

false....just another selfie for tik tok...as the internet is already busting at the seams with them as i try to photobomb all the girls in old city taking them daily on my bike ride........what a life to be a human avatar and checking out of society to see who can do the lamest dance moves to post on FB.....go have a look if u dont believe me.....go to that basket shop on chiang moi rd and go look at the mobscene.....i just do not get it........selfie central.....the competition for most likes continues for the trying to fill the voids in their lives.....

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

First thing I do when the rain flies come is turn off all the outside lights let them go to the street lights, Ive seen kids out in the soi catching them, they fry them,

Yes indeed and thanks. After the first big rain storm here in Siem Reap a few days ago, we were subjected to millions of the termites swarming everywhere. All main lights outside and inside my apartment were turned off but even so, some found their way in and scattered dead on the tile floor (aerosol spray).

Stock photo of swarming termites - just like I experienced!

Termite Swarm Images – Browse 2,640 Stock Photos, Vectors, and Video |  Adobe Stock

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

Fried Termites and Chips  🤢 , not as appealing as Fish and Chips  

Just what the WEF and Klaus Schwab wants for us peasants.

Edited by OttoPollmann

7 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

i try to photobomb all the girls in old city taking them daily on my bike ride

i just do not get it

Probably somewhere between them wanting to take photos, and you wanting to ruin those photos, lies the understanding that you're not quite grasping...  🤔

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, rwill said:

A lot of Mang Mao the last few days.  The first day was super heavy.  Haven't seen that many in a long time.

Same here. Just button down all hatches, close all curtains and use only dim lights.

I hate meng mows almost as much as cockroaches but at least it's only once a year after the first heavy rain.

What looks to be decent accommodation would probably have warned him this was coming but, hey, who wants to miss the opportunity for a few "likes" and "shares"?