Pattaya Electric Bill - payment

jas007

Does anyone know if it’s possible to pay a Pattaya electric bill in Bangkok using just the QR code on the bill?  I may be out of town when the bill arrives in my condo mailbox, but my condo also e-mails a copy of the bill to me every month. So I’ll have the QR code, but that’s all. It seems simple, but I’ve never tried to pay the bill without the paper bil in hand.

7 minutes ago, jas007 said:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to pay a Pattaya electric bill in Bangkok using just the QR code on the bill?  I may be out of town when the bill arrives in my condo mailbox, but my condo also e-mails a copy of the bill to me every month. So I’ll have the QR code, but that’s all. It seems simple, but I’ve never tried to pay the bill without the paper bil in hand.

Yes, I pay with the QR code every month, with my Bangkok Bank App. 

40 minutes ago, jas007 said:

I have a Thai bank account, but I never set it up to work for online banking and I don’t use an app. If I did, that would simplify things.

If you know someone that has online banking and/or the app, they can just pay it for you using the QR code, no?

3 hours ago, treetops said:

Which bank?  There are reports it can't be done with BBL app.

K bank. I don’t want my account online. I suppose I could get some sort of prepaid card and try to pay it that way.