Honda Jazz 1.5 unavailable - which other car has comparable size?

Posted (edited)

Hello, to transport a bicycle around on a holiday trip, last year i had a Honda Jazz 1.5 which had the right size and was fine for me. The same renter (which i like) this year has no Honda Jazz and asks what else i like. And i have no idea about sizes and convenience when putting a bicycle without front wheel into the back. I need the car now for 2 months (this renter has nice monthly rates and i was happy with the service last time).

As station wagons (big back door), the renter only offers

• "Toyota Yaris 1.2 or similar, load 2 small bags 1 large bag"
  • "Nissan March 1.2 or similar, load 1 small bag 1 large bag"

By comparison, the unavailable Honda Jazz 1.5 has "load 1 small bag 2 large bags"

Do you recommend those other cars? They have less power, but that doesn't concern me. I want the loading space without much tonnage. From vague memory, some years ago a Yaris felt a bit smaller and more awkward than a Honda Jazz regarding bicycle transport and even general driving comfort.

Are there other mainstream petrol cars that have about the size of a Honda Jazz and a big back door? I have no idea. I don't want a pickup and preferably not a huge SUV. I would love park assist (sound, video, no need automatic driving), but i guess it's not in a smallish car like Honda Jazz.

It seems that other standard rental cars like Toyota Vios, Toyota Altis or Nissan Almera are only sedan type, so they have no big back door.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Edited by henrik2000