No Throttling

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Vulture82 said:

Is there an ISP in Thailand which doesn't throttle the heck out of your connection?

It's a bit annoying to have to use a VPN all the time.

It is probably due to the red sea cables being cut.  ISPs in Thailand are struggling to provide enough bandwidth.

Had a poor experience from 1630 hrs yesterday for 7 hours using Lan cable to my set top box and tv

Isp engineers called out today and brought my bandwidth up to the required amount.

No problem with phone or other wi fi accessories,  but could not get my iptv apps to run without severe buffering.

IPTV  companies worked for hours to restore streaming.   All good now.

Edited by Raindancer
Additional Info.
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Vulture82 said:

Is there an ISP in Thailand which doesn't throttle the heck out of your connection?

Probably if you pay for a "business" connection,Thailand now has much better overseas bandwidth than just 10 years ago   but you have to pay for it  the ISP companies have to pay for it   using a VPN can sometimes get round the natural or imposed bottlenecks.

On 5/31/2024 at 6:17 PM, johng said:

Probably if you pay for a "business" connection,Thailand now has much better overseas bandwidth than just 10 years ago   but you have to pay for it  the ISP companies have to pay for it   using a VPN can sometimes get round the natural or imposed bottlenecks.

Does anybody have experience with a business connection?

It seems a lot depends on your local situation.

Some time ago a client complained about slow internet. He had TRUE with LAN and I had TRUE with LAN. He subscribed to double of the speed.

We were on the phone and clicked the button at the same time. My connection was a lot faster.

He was living in Rama 3, I in Sukhumvit.

So, whatever you see on the connection which you use most, i.e. at home or in your office, it might not be representative for that provider.

And, like others mentioned already, there is a problem with (at least?) one important international internet cable since weeks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am in Roi Et Use True upgraded to 999 t a month to lmprove the diabolical buffering on live streaming of Rugby (Aus) and Tennis (Paris)Now today it is worse than ever

Is just True or is it B2B and TOT as well