Certificate of Residency at Chonburi Immigration

Trying to purchase (trade in old one in my name) a new motorbike in Chonburi.

I rent a condo and have copies of Owners ID and House Book.

Looking for advice on what exactly I need to get from Jomtien Immigration specifically. I know other offices have other unique requirements but only looking for info pertinent to Chonburi imm office please.

Sales lady at dealer says I need to request: "2 forms indicating that one is used for registration and one is used for transferring one into 2".

I'm thinking i just need 2 Residency certificates one for the trade in of my current motorbike and a 2nd one for registration of the new motorbike.

Does that sound correct?

Also where can I get the latest and greatest COR application form for CHONBURI immigration?

Trying to avoid 10 trips between dealer and Immigration if I can, lol.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Few years old however thinking still covers what you require. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1204090-apply-for-certificate-of-residence-at-jomtien/

Thanks for that. That looks like what  was thinking.

I just downloaded a COR application form from the ChangWattana website. Can't seem to attach it to this thread for some reason but it is not what I used for a COR for a driver license appl back in 2019?

Do you have a link to the current Chonburi COR App form by chance?

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, DavidB1960 said:

I just downloaded a COR application form from the ChangWattana website

Thinking that form is CW specific.

Not sure form wise what Jomitien use.

BTW: Thinking one COR and a photocopy should cover your needs.

Immigration will tell you that you need 2. 

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thinking that form is CW specific.

Not sure form wise what Jomitien use.

BTW: Thinking one COR and a photocopy should cover your needs.

Immigration will tell you that you need 2. 

Ok. Thanks for your help.

Given the time and effort to visit immigration for documents I would suggest getting two to be safe rather than being told you need two later and having to repeat the process all over again.  I recall the certificate of residency is only good for a certain period of time (maybe 30 days) so do't get too far ahead of your planned transaction.  My issue may have been related to getting a drivers license and the time elapsed between my first visit there and then returning on the day of the appointment.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

Jomtien immigration has its own form to fill out. Don’t waste your time on filling out the form online. It’s a very short form from what I recall. You will still need the paperwork required to show your place of residence so have that ready and it will be done fairly quickly. 

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, jcmj said:

Jomtien immigration has its own form to fill out. Don’t waste your time on filling out the form online. It’s a very short form from what I recall. You will still need the paperwork required to show your place of residence so have that ready and it will be done fairly quickly. 

This is not about the 'Form' the OP is asking what docs are needed. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

This is the OFFICAL list from Trat Immigration. (if you can get a list from Chonburi when you go please post it here if it differs)

LetterofResidence.jpg.06ec06436bb39a3965e168d1f8d68217.jpg

But I just use my useless pink card tic.:whistling:

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

This is the OFFICAL list from Trat Immigration. (if you can get a list from Chonburi when you go please post it here if it differs)

LetterofResidence.jpg.06ec06436bb39a3965e168d1f8d68217.jpg

But I just use my useless pink card tic.:whistling:

Why is my post funny? ? ? 

I did my last Cert in early April.

At Jomtien you have to use the Application form they use, which is different from the one on the Immigration website.
I copied and scanned the form they use:
ResidenceCertificateapplication.thumb.jpg.40981e4b5d20a67eabc701465b017f8e.jpg

I had a photocopy (front/rear) of my Thai driving license and the "Notification of Address" slip. 
Pretty sure I only gave them 1 passport photo.

And of course, signed photocopies of your face page and most recent visa/extension page.

(The girls at the counter will tell you if you need additional photocopies of anything and the photocopier guy charges 3 baht per copy so bring some small coins.)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kerryd said:

I did my last Cert in early April.

At Jomtien you have to use the Application form they use, which is different from the one on the Immigration website.

I had a photocopy (front/rear) of my Thai driving license and the "Notification of Address" slip. 
Pretty sure I only gave them 1 passport photo.

And of course, signed photocopies of your face page and most recent visa/extension page.

(The girls at the counter will tell you if you need additional photocopies of anything and the photocopier guy charges 3 baht per copy so bring some small coins.)

Awesome Dude! Just what I needed.

8 hours ago, Smokin Joe said:

This is a fillable PDF of the Jomtien Form made from Kerryd's scan.

COR_Jomtien.pdf 172.23 kB · 2 downloads

Many Thanks Smokin Joe.

I was only able to get it as the JPG.

Have what I need now.

Thank you everyone for your inputs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2024 at 6:29 AM, Kerryd said:

Which looks identical to the following version which is also downloadable from the Immigration Bureau website!

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/แบบคำขอหนังสือการรับแจ้งที่พัก-ผนวก-ก.pdf

So presumably it is not exclusive to Jomtien?

Edited by OJAS

So I went to Jomtien Immigration, yesterday with my documents.

First thing they check your passport for having a current TM 30. In my case, my realtor agent (I rent) provided me the page printout from the on-line TM 30 registration last time i entered country. This form does not have the portion at the bottom that you cut off and attach into your passport. So first thing IO at info counter did was she sent me to the TM 30 counter (counter 10) whereby an IO completed the normal receipt slip and attached it into my passport then sent me back to the information counter. I asked if there was an official list of required docs for a Certificate of Residency, she said "no hab".

Next the IO at the information counter took my 2 separate document packages and combined them into one app package (I was requesting COR for trading in a motorbike at a Honda dealership), noting on the application form "for buy & sell" and discarding much of the information I had brought (sales receipt, Green book) ect. 

While I didn't get an opportunity to review the final package, as best as I could tell, What they wanted document wise is the same as what brianthainess posted above for Trat.

One thing I thought somewhat odd was they wanted 3 passport photos? Not sure why but whatever, TIT.

Information desk then sent me to counter 9, where i paid the 300b x 2=600b fee, they accepted the document package, gave me a plastic number tag and told me to return in afternoon at 4:00 pm to pick up.

• Thanks 2