O Visa Extension based on Marriage - Yearly Income Question

I am married to a Thai lady, and currently on a O Visa Extension based on Supporting her. Also working with valid Thai Work Permit.

I will have a smallish Government Pension paid by Austrian Government, which is paid as per Austrian Standard Rules 12 times a Year, with 2 Month (May and October) double amount payout.

When i add up my total Pension income, i should (of course based on the Euro to Thai Baht rate in the Future) probably have enough income to qualify for the 400000 annual income necessary for retirement as married person.

For this calculation I need to add up all my Pension income (10 Single Month amounts and 2 Double Amounts. That puts me a little over 400000 Baht at today’s rate for 2025. I should also have some other income based on Interest of Funds here in Thailand as well as abroad.

is this calculation valid and a path to Extension of stay?

On 6/4/2024 at 11:50 AM, Rastaputin said:

When i add up my total Pension income, i should (of course based on the Euro to Thai Baht rate in the Future) probably have enough income to qualify for the 400000 annual income necessary for retirement as married person.

As an Austrian citizen using the income method, you would obtain an Embassy Income letter.

The financial criterial are;

327-2557 (2014) - Criteria for extension ENG.pdf 

Section 2.18

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

... they only look at the deposits.

They definitely want to see 40K+ Baht every month, so he would need to have his pension deposited into his Aussie bank, then transfer (Wise, etc) the +40K amount monthly, with proof these were international transfers.

But, have Immigration stopped asking for proof of the "origin of the funds" in some/all offices for Marriage and/or Retirement incomes? 

In the case of the OP, I assume his documentation of Aussie pension would work, even if the distribution frequency/amounts do not exactly match his Thai bank foreign-transfer deposit-record, provided the total exceeds 12 X 40K Baht.