Merchant arrested for soliciting minors, claims they only conversed

image.jpeg

The Thai authorities apprehended a fertiliser merchant who faces two arrest warrants for allegedly soliciting sexual services from two minors aged 14 and 17 at a hotel.

The merchant, identified as 50 year old Sakorn claimed his impotence (erectile dysfunction) meant they only conversed, presenting medical documents as proof.

On June 4, police officers led by Police Colonel Booncherd Chanmanee and Police Lieutenant Colonel Thongsa Pilawong, alongside the Huai Khot District investigative team, executed arrest warrants from the Uthai Thani Provincial Court.

The warrants pertain to charges of sexual misconduct with minors under 15 and the abduction of minors over 15 but under 18 for profit or indecent purposes.

Sakorn, a fertiliser and pharmaceutical shop owner in Uthai Thani, was initially not present at his shop. His wife revealed that Sakorn was at another market.

She then contacted him, resulting in Sakorn arriving at Huai Khot Police Station at 11.30am, where he was informed of the charges.

The incidents in question date back to December 18, 2023. Where Sakorn allegedly contacted two underage girls via Facebook and arranged to meet them at a hotel in Huai Khot.

He admitted to booking a room at the hotel where the two girls subsequently joined him.

According to Sakorn, they merely had a conversation for about 20 minutes before the girls mentioned they had another appointment and left. Sakorn then transferred a few thousand baht to the girls but claimed that his impotence prevented any sexual activity.

In his defence, Sakorn presented medical documents indicating his condition, stating he only sought companionship from the minors and intended to win their affection. He requested a partial denial of the charges.

Meanwhile, Pol. Col. Booncherd highlighted that Sakorn allegedly solicited sexual services from both minors on two separate occasions on the same day at the hotel in Huai Khot. The police successfully detained Sakorn based on the two warrants issued for his arrest, reported Khaosod.

The investigation continues as authorities seek to determine the full extent of Sakorn’s actions and any potential additional victims involved.

The apprehension of Sakorn reflects a broader crackdown on the solicitation of minors, with law enforcement agencies working diligently to protect vulnerable children from exploitation.

by Nattapong Westwood

Image courtesy of Khaosod

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-06-05

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

Sakorn is a little joker. Why would a man in his age need affection from a 14 and a 17 year old that he don´t know or have any connection with? Lucky for the girls he was impotent, or just maybe that´s a joke too.

Boy, these people can come up with some real bull<deleted> stories, friendship companion, etc., etc. etc. the brakes failed couldn’t see cause the sun hit my eyes they never want to take responsibility for anything TIT.

he reminds me of the folks that fly that have a doctors note about masks or how they want to bring a pet as service pet etc..

article also says he works at a PHARMACY so maybe he ordered some blue diamonds to assist with is member....

and the gals did meet him....why????....he transferred cash it seems too.....they just get let off the hook as seems going to a hotel to meet a older man is odd....for what reason...afternoon tea?

i tried to meet gals in vietnam thru a travel site as friends and i waited in the lobby as it was crazy hot outside..they waited outside as they later said if they came in locals would assume it was to meet me for sex......

he sure knows how to sell the BS so his job is fitting...and i would LOVE to see a site where all these sordid stories we read daily have a conclusion......what ever comes of these cases???  rape...assault...murder....theft.....etc...i need closure!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Sakorn is a little joker. Why would a man in his age need affection from a 14 and a 17 year old that he don´t know or have any connection with? Lucky for the girls he was impotent, or just maybe that´s a joke too.

He doesn't look very impotent to me.

4 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

he reminds me of the folks that fly that have a doctors note about masks or how they want to bring a pet as service pet etc..

article also says he works at a PHARMACY so maybe he ordered some blue diamonds to assist with is member....

and the gals did meet him....why????....he transferred cash it seems too.....they just get let off the hook as seems going to a hotel to meet a older man is odd....for what reason...afternoon tea?

i tried to meet gals in vietnam thru a travel site as friends and i waited in the lobby as it was crazy hot outside..they waited outside as they later said if they came in locals would assume it was to meet me for sex......

he sure knows how to sell the BS so his job is fitting...and i would LOVE to see a site where all these sordid stories we read daily have a conclusion......what ever comes of these cases???  rape...assault...murder....theft.....etc...i need closure!!!!!!

Methinks this has stirred something in your nether regions.