Phuket Or Krabi

zapatero

Hello All,

I realize that this is a very subjective question, and that the considerations are many, but could you "old hands" please tell me, from your points-of-view, "which is the most desireable place to live -- Phuket or the Krabi area?"

I am x-posting this to the Krabi & Andaman Coast G.T. forum also -- I hope that this is OK.

Thank you and regards,

zapatero

First off I've never lived in either Phuket or Krabi. I have vacationed at both of them several times.

Phuket has alot more to offer as in the way of night life,shopping and eating establishments. But the local's are money hungry to the point were the are rude to you if the know they won't be able to rip you off. Not nearly as friendly.( to be fair this was my opinion of patong) I did not get to experience the rest of Phuket.

Krabi is more laid back not nearly as crowed. The locals were more friendly than in Phuket.

Krabi would be my personal choice.

This is just my opinion from vacationing for a couple of years in these area. There are a lot of members on this forum who have more / better advise for you as they live in these areas.

good luck.

I would suggest Phuket, but Krabi is a nice sleepy town.

Phuket has great shopping and a lot to do (if that is what you are after), so things like that are fairly important for me and my family.

I have been here a few years now and I would agree with Padkapow on this - Phuketians are money hungry and less friendly than most places I have been. I actually mean the people that are living in Phuket (many are from the north and other areas). I actually only know 6 families that are from Phuket and they are lovely by the way.

I am also leaving here in the not to distant future and starting to look for other areas. It is not easy as I want the shopping close by, but the quiet life as well.

Hadyai might be the place for me.

Imho, definitely KRABI.

maybe 'nice, sleepy town' NOW but growing, growing, growing

(even got international airport).

If it was about me, i would invest in Krabi for short-med long time and leave (sell for good value) b4 the Krabi ppl realise how 'successfull' the Phuket ppl are by means of emptying your wallets.... :o

a/Tornado: why Hadyai??? (and: did u ever think about Rayong?)