Visa Run - Malaysia

I'm looking at doing a visa run, driving down to the malasian border.

from what i can see on the map the place to head for would be sadao, is this the right place to do the crossing and where is the thai immigration. can anybody offer any tips.

thanks

I too am going to do the same thing come September, I have done the run with visa companies, but this time am going to drive myself, I think..

All I know at present is that you go through Hat Yai on the Thai side, maybe you could post your experiences here when you've done it!

Where are you travelling from?

In my opinion 'Sadao' is the easiest but you could also go to 'Padang Basar' , upto you. :D

It was pretty straight forward last Oct. Just drive upto one of the cubicles for cars and get out and hand in your passport. You then get stamped 'out of Thailand' and drive down a couple of hundred metres to the Malaysian Imm. and fill out a TM card and walk through Immigration. Get back in your car and do a u-turn. Stop at one of the cubicles and get stamped out and then drive back up to the Thai border fill in a TM card, go to one of the cubicles the cars go to and hand evrything over and get stamped back into Thailand. Drive back to Hat Yai! Or.....................you could park your car up just before the border and do eveything on foot. It'll take 30mins to 1hour approx. :o