Who is supplying N-DGLT, I-DICC etc. and will current prices remain?

I am new at understanding all the varieties of weed that are available these days.  When I began smoking weed all those years ago it was just leaf and occasionally St. Semillion or Thai Sticks would appear. Now I am experimenting with sativa, indica content and THC strength too.  So, I am buying 5 or 10g from various suppliers trying to stick to the 30-50 baht per gram level of prices.

I have ordered from several suppliers and all the little bags that arrive are identical physically and are all marked as shown above. These ID letter sequences seem to be  identical from different suppliers whatever the name might of the product might be (i think?).

So, are there some few big producers growing and harvesting enormous quantities of all varieties of weed?  Do they then harvest and wholesale them on to the various resellers who rebag (or not) and sell on to us, the end user?  If so, all theses resellers are offering the same product at the same prices so the only difference will be how well the reseller does their job, correct?

Who is it that determines the various content levels of the different strains?  If it is some large organization that is testing all their products one would have good reason to trust the results (?) but if it is some storefront reseller doing it who controls the quality of the tests?

Also, is the current level of (fresh) variety and (i think) ok prices a result of it being harvest time?  Will the 50b/gram ok weed disappear?  Are there suppliers offering even lower prices of ok weed?  I am not a person who encourages businesses to operate at a loss but if, a supplier has a lower cost and will pass that on it is ok for me.

This ought to be of interest to one or two of my fellow indulgers and will welcome your comments.🙂🙏🏼

27 minutes ago, notrub said:

St. Semillion

You need to learn a little more mate. 

oun. sin·se·mil·la ˌsin-sə-ˈmē-lə -ˈmi- -ˈmē-yə -ˈmēl- : highly potent marijuana from female plants that are specially tended and kept seedless by preventing pollination in order to induce a high resin content. also : a female hemp plant grown to produce sinsemilla.

• Thumbs Up 1

What was around in the 70s and 80s in the United States, particularly on the East Coast was that brick weed from Mexico and there was a bit of sinsamilla which had no seeds, was a bit stronger, and was greener in color color. In general though, it was all pretty low in THC. The average was around 2% to 6% THC. Much of what you have in Thailand now is at least 10%-15% THC and it can go as high up as nearly 30% THC. It's pretty much the same now in most parts of the world with the THC content in cannabis being much higher. So regardless of how that stuff from Mexico looked or smelled back in the day, it was never very strong. It's all developed a long way since then. 

More here on the subject:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinsemilla

Edited by ChumpChange
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, notrub said:

I am new at understanding all the varieties of weed that are available these days.  When I began smoking weed all those years ago it was just leaf and occasionally St. Semillion or Thai Sticks would appear. Now I am experimenting with sativa, indica content and THC strength too.  So, I am buying 5 or 10g from various suppliers trying to stick to the 30-50 baht per gram level of prices.

I have ordered from several suppliers and all the little bags that arrive are identical physically and are all marked as shown above. These ID letter sequences seem to be  identical from different suppliers whatever the name might of the product might be (i think?).

So, are there some few big producers growing and harvesting enormous quantities of all varieties of weed?  Do they then harvest and wholesale them on to the various resellers who rebag (or not) and sell on to us, the end user?  If so, all theses resellers are offering the same product at the same prices so the only difference will be how well the reseller does their job, correct?

Who is it that determines the various content levels of the different strains?  If it is some large organization that is testing all their products one would have good reason to trust the results (?) but if it is some storefront reseller doing it who controls the quality of the tests?

Also, is the current level of (fresh) variety and (i think) ok prices a result of it being harvest time?  Will the 50b/gram ok weed disappear?  Are there suppliers offering even lower prices of ok weed?  

This ought to be of interest to one or two of my fellow indulgers and will welcome your comments.🙂🙏🏼

50 thb a gram for decent weed is a good price, probably few people inbetween (I wrote decent weed : green crack can be found around 2k thb a kilogram...)

But farmers who sell on Line for around 50 thb a gram sell the same weed for like 2000 thb for 100g

So if you have a few friends, ...

About thc concentration, a test costs like 50k thb I think. But most farmers just advertise what the sellzr of the strain advertises, without testing.

Edited by Tom Thai