Non-imm "O" 1 yr ME visa from Laos

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes he is correct.

You can obtain a 12 month extension of permission of stay.

If you are living ongoing in Thailand skip Savannakhet and do annual extensions of your permission of stay. 

Why skip Savannakhet? I need a non o first so I can get a 90 days in Savannakhet. I wanted to get the 1 year cause it would give me more time to apply for my work permit and based on the wp do the extension it covers the 40k requirement and not need 400k anymore sitting there in the bank. Sorry If I am repeating but with a non O ME 1 year you not allowed to do extension within Thailand ? 

1 hour ago, Rob Browder said:

Yes, you can apply at immigration in Thailand for a 12-mo extension, on any of the entries, in the last 30-45 days (depending on the office), with 2-mo seasoned 400K.

Also, you can get a single Non-O with no money in Savannakhet.  Only the multiple-entry requires funds.

Cool, it’s clear for me then. Will see if they give me the 1 year with the funds being there only for 2 weeks. If not il take the 90 days. Thanks to you all! I will update my experience next week! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr BBS said:

Sorry If I am repeating but with a non O ME 1 year you not allowed to do extension within Thailand ? 

You can apply for a 1-year extension during any of the 90-day entries from a ME Non Imm O visa.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just went to pick up my visa and I got a 90 days non o only, reason was funds not long enough in the account so they do check the 2 months statement requirement. Lady behind counter was rude and not very helpful. It’s not a big deal for me, I will get a 1 year extension in about 60 days at my local immigration office 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mr BBS said:

Just went to pick up my visa and I got a 90 days non o only, reason was funds not long enough in the account so they do check the 2 months statement requirement. Lady behind counter was rude and not very helpful. It’s not a big deal for me, I will get a 1 year extension in about 60 days at my local immigration office 

Thanks for the update. 

So definitely funds 2 months.

Indeed apply for your 12 month extension after can show funds in your Thai bank for 2 months+