Thai girl in critical condition after 1,000 baht drinking challenge

snoop1130

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

Issan certainly has more than it's share of drunken idiots.

Unfortunately there isn't much else to do but get plastered most weekends.

Why? There are lots to do if you just bother to look and have some interest in life besides getting plastered.

Only people with alcohol problems can file such a stupid comment.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

Issan certainly has more than it's share of drunken idiots.

Unfortunately there isn't much else to do but get plastered most weekends.

Kind of sounds like you overlooking what happened to the girl.

14 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Only people with alcohol problems can file such a stupid comment.

More like alcoholics in denial.

Get help.

Anyone living in Issan can see first hand the ravages of alcohol and YABA on society.  

Edited by MrJ2U

14 hours ago, In Full Agreement said:

Kind of sounds like you overlooking what happened to the girl.

Yes.

I just get frustrated living here and seeing the young girls and boys with nothing better to do than get high.   

15 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

More like alcoholics in denial.

Get help.

Anyone living in Issan can see first hand the ravages of alcohol and YABA on society.  

What? Why would I get help? Why are you assuming I am an alcoholic in denial?

Did I ever post that I can´t see the problem with alcohol and Yaba in Isaan? No, I did not! I said there was a lot to see and do, if you interest yourself. Something that is perfectly true.

So, now you can stop telling me to get help. You, on the other hand, seem to need a lot of help understanding what you read before you make stupid replies.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

I said there was a lot to see

In Issan?

There's not much to do.

I'm talking about living here and the abject poverty that permeates every corner of Issan.

Not some falang coming for a weekend in Udon Thani.

Edited by MrJ2U

15 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

So, now you can stop telling me to get help.

Dont get help.

Happy now.

Edited by MrJ2U

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

In Issan?

There's not much to do.

I'm talking about living here and the abject poverty that permeates every corner of Issan.

Not some falang coming for a weekend in Udon Thani.

But, can you just stop. I have been over 25 years in Thailand. During that time 8 years in Isaan with my first wife, and now 12 years with my second. I know exactly what I am talking about.

I live in Yasothon, so that is also very far from the comfort of cities like Udon Thani, Khon Kaen or Ubon Ratchatani. However, there are gyms, coffee shops, a lot of sport activities, a rather big sport school with swimming pool. A good selection of restaurants that cater from Italian, Thai, Japanese and other international food. Besides that, you can just take a trip outside for a walk, with better air than all the big cities as well as Pattaya and other tourist alcoholic farang traps. We often take a walk as a whole family, and sit outside by the river talking.

Besides that we own a house. All that comes with that, most people know. Always something to do if you want to keep it all good and nice looking. Both my wife and I work full time, and normally during the weeks both children in school. I started a shop for wifey, where she work, and I handle about 400 websites.

Regarding the poverty, I always hand over 50-100 baht to 2-4 people during a normal day. It makes me feel better and help some, if they do not drink up the money. There is only so much you can do. 🙂 Of course it´s much poverty, but I have done what I can for me, my wife, her sister and brother as well as her mother and father.

What we were talking about was that it was nothing to do, and the only thing to do was getting plastered. That´s just not true, and what I have taken as examples, is only a small fraction of what can do. Sometimes I also go out and take a beer or more in different places. Sometimes we get together and throw a party for both Thais and farangs. It´s only a person with no fantasy and too much thoughts about getting plastered that can´t find things to do in the place they live.

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

But, can you just stop. I have been over 25 years in Thailand. During that time 8 years in Isaan with my first wife, and now 12 years with my second. I know exactly what I am talking about.

I live in Yasothon, so that is also very far from the comfort of cities like Udon Thani, Khon Kaen or Ubon Ratchatani. However, there are gyms, coffee shops, a lot of sport activities, a rather big sport school with swimming pool. A good selection of restaurants that cater from Italian, Thai, Japanese and other international food. Besides that, you can just take a trip outside for a walk, with better air than all the big cities as well as Pattaya and other tourist alcoholic farang traps. We often take a walk as a whole family, and sit outside by the river talking.

Besides that we own a house. All that comes with that, most people know. Always something to do if you want to keep it all good and nice looking. Both my wife and I work full time, and normally during the weeks both children in school. I started a shop for wifey, where she work, and I handle about 400 websites.

Regarding the poverty, I always hand over 50-100 baht to 2-4 people during a normal day. It makes me feel better and help some, if they do not drink up the money. There is only so much you can do. 🙂 Of course it´s much poverty, but I have done what I can for me, my wife, her sister and brother as well as her mother and father.

What we were talking about was that it was nothing to do, and the only thing to do was getting plastered. That´s just not true, and what I have taken as examples, is only a small fraction of what can do. Sometimes I also go out and take a beer or more in different places. Sometimes we get together and throw a party for both Thais and farangs. It´s only a person with no fantasy and too much thoughts about getting plastered that can´t find things to do in the place they live.

Sounds great.

The other 99% percent of Issan has nothing like that.

It's poor,filthy,and nothing more to do than watch the flys wizz by your face.

Most falangs don't last long in Issan.  You've found you're niche.

I'd love to have a variety of restaurants to eat and a clean river walk.

Personally I'll be happy to move on to a place closer to the beach and large cities.

Enjoy yourself.

46 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

The other 99% percent of Issan has nothing like that.

Sorry again. The rest of Isaan is exactly the same, and as I said, we live in a fairly dull city. There are much better places than here. We actually live in one of the poorest provinces in Isaan. So, just cut the crap instead of coming up with fantasy numbers.

48 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Sorry again. The rest of Isaan is exactly the same

Yes,it's loaded with riverwalks and fine dining.

Jeez no wonder you've been married twice.

You're a total whack job.

Edited by MrJ2U

On 6/11/2024 at 2:38 PM, snoop1130 said:

• Section 26(5): forcing, threatening, inducing, encouraging, or allowing children to behave inappropriately or perform obscene acts.

That would be about any event where they have the dirty dancing going on

7 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Yes,it's loaded with riverwalks and fine dining.

Jeez no wonder you've been married twice.

You're a total whack job.

Why the name calling? Are you unable to have a normal conversation without that?

The fact is, which you so clearly shown in you post, that you are presumably locked in a relationship with a wife who demanded you to stay in Isaan, or have been. Probably out of the reason to be close to her family. Therefore you have realized you mistake far too late, as you have just let her lead your life. That fact have ended up with, that you are depressed and sad. Therefore you hate Isaan and can´t accept that there are things to do. Probably leading to far too much drinking and getting plastered.

However, I assume that is your world, and your problem. Most of us people living in Isaan, made that choice by ourselves and were well aware of that it´s not the same life as in the bigger cities or tourist areas. Wonder who is the whack job know?

Regarding no wonder that I have been married twice. Actually there are many of us here in Thailand that have been married twice or even more than that. But maybe you have a problem with such common things as well. Seems to me you have very hard to look at things from a broad and neutral view. Only see things from your own opinion. If you don´t like Isaan, just say that. No need to come up with false information and accusations.

Also, I never posted it was loaded with fine dining or a massive amount of river walks. We have one river in the city I live, with 2 parks connected to it. However, that´s enough for most people. Never talked about fine dining. For that we have 2 places that are very close to it. What I said, was that there were choices of food from different parts of the world.

Edited by Gottfrid