Pink Line and CW

The government complex station is a semi shaded ten minute walk from CW 😮 
Actually you can walk to the mouth of Chaengwattana Soi 7 and catch the free shuttle busses that run and take you to the north entrance of building B

The shuttle bus station is right after the moto guyz at the mouth of C/W Soi 7 <- the entrance soi to the gov't complex

Another way to get there is to take the BTS to Wat Phra Sri Mahathat and then instead of switching to the pink line just go out exit 1 take a taxi for 50 baht to the door of Building B

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Another way to get there is to take the BTS to Wat Phra Sri Mahathat and then instead of switching to the pink line just go out exit 1 take a taxi for 50 baht to the door of Building B

This was my recommendation but, again, I wouldn't do it inbound. Especially no taxi from BTS for b50.

I'd not actually timed it and yes, sometimes taxis will get choked up in Lak Si, but I think taxi for me faster.

Departing, I just walked directly north and out then a nice walk to the Pink Line.

I think the shuttle TO BTS is out the east door and the wait like 20 minutes.

An absolute godsend if you get stuck out there late.

Edited by BusNo8

Taxi from BTS Wat Phra Sri Mahathat to CW Building B is 60-65 B.

Pink line about 20 baht,  motorcycle 20 more. You save 20 B. 

If not rush hour,  taxi is a lot faster. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Lorry said:

Taxi from BTS Wat Phra Sri Mahathat to CW Building B is 60-65 B.

Pink line about 20 baht,  motorcycle 20 more. You save 20 B. 

If not rush hour,  taxi is a lot faster. 

Hah!  Motorcycle charged me 40 baht from the pink line station and drove far too fast. I took the shuttle from exit 4 back.  🙂

20240605_115510.jpg

Edited by ricklev

3 hours ago, ricklev said:

Motorcycle charged me 40 baht from the pink line station

Correct

20 B is the price from the entrance of the soi (the soi leading to Building B) to building B

40 B is the foreigner price from pink line station to building B

Shuttle is cheaper,  but usually,  when i am done at CW, i cannot wait to put as much distance as possible between me and that place

• 2 months later...
On 6/14/2024 at 6:38 AM, ricklev said:

Hah!  Motorcycle charged me 40 baht from the pink line station and drove far too fast. I took the shuttle from exit 4 back.  🙂

20240605_115510.jpg

Rick, can you clarify, just what shuttle is the one you're showing above? (Never seen one like this before...)

and where does it pick up and drop off passengers re BKK CW and the Pink Line?

Thanks!

The Pink Line wasn't open when I last went to BKK CW last fall. But I have my annual trip coming up soon, and am planning to use the following all-rail method -- BTS Sukhumvit Line to its Wat Phra Sri Mahathat station, then walk a couple minutes nearby to the Pink Line's Wat Phra Sri Mahathat Station, and then onward on the Pink Line to its EN-named Government Complex Station (which the Thai speaking BTS staff only seemed to recognize by the corresponding Thai term "Soon Ratchigan."

I couldn't find any clear answer online, but in a phone call tonight with BTS Customer Service in Thai, they indicated that I also could use my BTS Rabbit top-up card to pay for the extra travel on the Pink Line... But they said my Thai wife can NOT use her BTS monthly trips prepaid card on the Pink Line, for some unexplained reason.

Given that the Pink Line seemed to be an MRTA developed project, I had instead thought I could use my MRT Plus top-up card on the Pink Line, but thus far, haven't been able to find any info on that one way or the other. There seems to be a relative dearth of EN language info re the fares situation for the Pink Line, at least that I could find.

Google Maps below showing the connection between the Wat Phra Sri Mahathat stations of the BTS Sukhumvit and MRT Pink lines.

1WalkBTSGreentoMRTPinkWatPhraSriMahathat.jpg.4fefd1249c0e3f5ef71e1b4424e6a48a.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

BTW, another member posted the following in a related thread in late 2023... any one with an update on the following:

I can confirm that at the government Complex station they are building a sky walk all the way to the entrance of it but it hasn't been completed yet.