Best Place To Stay In Bkk These Days?

seeker108

Just got back in to BKK and all of my usual places are full or prices have gone up considerably.

Can anyone give any recommendations for a decent place in general area of Silom or Sukhumvit areas at less than 1,100 per night for 2 incl breakfast?

Thanks for any help!

Just got back in to BKK and all of my usual places are full or prices have gone up considerably.

Can anyone give any recommendations for a decent place in general area of Silom or Sukhumvit areas at less than 1,100 per night for 2 incl breakfast?

Thanks for any help!

As the other thread is closed.........

Business Inn soi 11/1 Sukhumvit Road (near Ambassador Hotel).

Been staying their over 12 years, sometimes for months at a time (they do discounts for monthly stays).

Price went up to 800B a night this year. but as it had been 500/550B a night for 12 years I can't really grumble :D No breakfast, but they have a 24/7 Restaurant downstairs where you can eat breakfast (thai and farang).

Not the poshest of places, but the staff are nice (gave me a Xmas present one year :o ) and security is good. I would give it 2 stars. (Hot water, aircon, fridge, Farang Cable TV, room service and clean if not exactly smart). 2 minutes walk from Nana skytrain station and 5 minutes walk to "Nana" :D

Mostly I never book ahead, always seem to have a room available........

(Whether this interests you or not, I should mention that it is "Guest Friendly", no joiner fees, but they insist on a copy ID card - but it is all done with no fuss / tactfully enough and by no means is this it's sole client base! , I mention it because if you are offended by seeing this sort of thing perhaps not the hotel for you).

http://www.awgroup.com/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=81159 - Rooms in Bangkok (and other places in Thailand) under 1000 baht

Peter

How about the Federal on Sukumvit Soi 11, down past the Ambassador, which is on the right, the Federal is on the left.

www.federalbangkok.com

That's where we've been staying the last couple of years when an RON is required.  Breakfast not included but decent coffee shop.  My sister and her family stayed there a number of times during their in-out visit in Dec-Jan.

Mac

not really sukhumvit, but IBIS HUAMARK has rates starting 450 Baht (!!!) a night at the moment, plus 17% service fee and VAT, but still an unbelievable cheap rate. to be booked through the accor-hotel websites only

NASA Vegas is kind of crappy, but cheap -- 590 baht/night. I used to stay there when I visited friends in that part of town and it was the closest thing. It's on Rhamkhamhaeng right after Rhamkhamhaeng road starts and Sukhumwit 71 ends.