Probe into Salary Deductions for Thai Military Conscripts Unveiled

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Col. Achawin Akapin, Commander of the 22nd Transportation and Service Battalion, had been transferred to assist at the Second Army Region headquarters

yea, put him to good use over there at the Second Army Region headquarters increasing HQ's total revenue

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The document outlines an income of 10,990 Baht, with deductions for life insurance, uniforms, training equipment, cleaning supplies, and other expenses, leaving a net remaining amount of 4,710 Baht. The 500 Baht for septic tank pumping attracted particular attention and criticism.

All of these should be paid for by the army, including life insurance, they are the ones putting there life in danger,  "cleaning supplies" are they paying for boot polish and home cleaning for the Generals ? Training equipment, what happened to the last equipment ? Same as Uniforms ? maybe keep the septic tank charge as they are taking the piss big time and get rid of all the other deductions.

I wonder what the internet charge is my internet can have up to 9 users, what next pay for your your bullets, guns, and food.   Disgraceful Military same as the RTP. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

I’m sure if one digs deeper those companies that supplies the gear and services are helmed by the generals’ cronies and family members 

Agree sadly no one has the guts to question the army, they only removed the septic charge when they realized it was under investigation, dismissing it as a mistake, the usual misunderstanding BS. The Army investigating the Army.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

, it was a preliminary proposal and not the finalised expense list.

So why the reductions in wages if it's not finalized, more to come ?  

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

what next pay for your your bullets, guns, and food.   Disgraceful Military same as the RTP. 

Rumour has it the police have to buy their own guns/bullets/uniforms.

They all good for food though.... Many fools (road users) cover that with "one the spot" fines !

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

No don't be daft, if they have/given the password and are within the router range, why would it have restrictions ? Do you not understand fiber optic ? 

whats the deal with the "up to 9 users" you have mentioned on this thread and other ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

whats the deal with the "up to 9 users" you have mentioned on this thread and other ?

I have already told you, I pay TOT 524.03 baht per month for my fiber optic connection, that allows up to 9 people in range of my router to use it. other deals I do not know, like hotels can have scores of users. Jeez  :post-4641-1156694572:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, john donson said:

wait the conscripts get paid? I got nothing in 1992 for my 1 year of forced slave labor

I got paid 57 NOK per day (for 18 months) in my country in 86/87. Equivalent of 160 NOK today, or 550 Baht. All expenses paid, absolutely all exept tobacco/cigarettes and alcohol, which we anyway bought dirt cheap from visiting Nato-forces who were smuggling it in on every single visit,  including british fighter pilots!. We even had free public transport whilst wearing a uniform, including domestic flights!

And we were training, not cooking, gardening, cleaning or picking golf balls from an army driving range! (like the Thai soldiers did where I lived, they were actually promoted to the driving range for impeccable behaviour)

Can you believe Thailand!?

Edited by MartinBangkok
Addition
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1