Scat Airlines

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed... The name of this airline (SCAT) raises concerns about how disconnected its owners are from basic realities which could raise concerns as to how disconnected its owners are from international standards....

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 16.53.13.png

The airline started operations in 1997, and its name is the acronym of Special Cargo Air Transport. The airline has a current fleet of 33 aircraft.

24 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The name of this airline (SCAT) raises concerns about how disconnected its owners are from basic realities which could raise concerns as to how disconnected its owners are from international standards

Not "disconnected" enough to be a full IATA member, though.   Could be that the number of people who recognise scat as an activity is very restricted, to the extent of being insignificant to normal air travellers but hilarious to AN members by which, of course, all standards are measured! 

Edited by Liverpool Lou

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
27 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The name of this airline (SCAT) raises concerns about how disconnected its owners are from basic realities which could raise concerns as to how disconnected its owners are from international standards

Not "disconnected" enough to be a full IATA member, though.   Could be that the number of people who recognise scat as an activity is very restricted, to the extent of being insignificant to normal air travellers but hilarious to AN members by which, of course, all standards are measured! 

Trust you to take the pish take out of the name 'scat' so very seriously and literally...   :neus:

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Trust you to take the pish take out of the name 'scat' so very seriously and literally... 

Thank you.  At least I wasn't doing the, oh so, predictable.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

9 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Their website www.scat.kz does not seem to work.

The Kz gov is currently restricting access to many Kz sites from foreign IP addresses. They do this from time to time, and it's got a lot more frequent since the Ukraine-Russia war. I can't even check my work email without a VPN this week. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed...   The name of this airline (SCAT) raises concerns about how disconnected its owners are from basic realities which could raise concerns as to how disconnected its owners are from international standards....

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 16.53.13.png

You think Virgin is better?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

The Kz gov is currently restricting access to many Kz sites from foreign IP addresses. They do this from time to time, and it's got a lot more frequent since the Ukraine-Russia war. I can't even check my work email without a VPN this week. 

Thanks for that.

• Like 1