Blood Donor List

p1p

It seems that Katheryn McDaniel no longer keeps her running list of available blood donors in Chiang Mai.

Due to various legal and practical aspects, I fear Thai Visa can not take her place in running such a list. So do we have any any long term, permanent expatriate out there who would like to step into the breach and keep an up to date list of willing donors, with their blood types and contact details? I am sure TV could arrange an easy way to populate the list, if somebody is willing to take the responsibility for overseeing it.

You could be responsible for saving many lives.

What kind of qualifix are involved in this - a medical background in past or present life? Current public service position? Or just a concerned TV member who is easy to contact? Do tell more about the who the last person was, and what the functions are for the new one......

Surely sounds like a good idear.

When I was in Ram for femur fx, they gave me three units of whole blood. From where I don't know, but I did receive a religious type get well card from a couple, no idea if they were donors or not.

Anyone have a clue how Rama gets its blood for transfusions. I do know on the third unit, I had to wait a day or so. Do they pay donors and have a list for them?

I would donate except my blood is so full of medications that it is unusable..

A most excellent idea.

As with ProThaiExpat, I cannot donate. In my case I had hep A many (30) years ago.

But I would be interested in donating blood for storage, for myself. Selfish sounding I know, but I have a rare blood type (A-). If I need blood, I seriously doubt it would be available here.

Would be willing to pay for the procedure, and for storage costs, etc.

If anyone sets this up, let me know if my somewhat self-centered request can be accomodated.

PS Were I not disqualified as a donor, I would happily give....

McG