How will it end?

How will it end?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

And yet, Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea -- nations in the Bob's Axis of Awesomeness -- all have done that and are doing that currently.

A balanced critique would lend your post more credibility... oh wait...

I never mentioned those countries, and it is off-topic despite your hate of them. How will it end? Is the topic, and the poll shows that 50% of respondents think Russia will win partially or wholly. 

As for balanced critique, pot and kettle come to mind.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

It's not off topic -- it directly addresses the fact that you say this is a problem for the United States, and yet the countries in league together on this invasion do it all the time.  It's directly relevant, and for you to oppose Ukraine getting support from allies, while Russia does the same, is (as I always say about your posts) hypocritical.

Feel free to expand your critique to Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea.  And I'll happily admit that on this subject, you are not a hypocrite.

Russia pre-war did not do the same, and you know it. Stop deflecting as you always do - the last stand of a hopeless argument. USA mind your OWN business - open borders, fentanyl, homeless Vets on the streets, etc.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

By your standard we should never have helped stop Germany in either of the world wars as neither of those had overwhelming public support at the time we were helping. 

You apparently ignored the bit about not having a treaty. In WW2 Britain had a treaty with Poland which obliged them to go to war.

Britain should IMO not have gone to war against Germany in WW1, as it was a farce. IMO all those men died for nothing.

All that winning achieved was providing the conditions in which Hitler came to power.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

The United States didn't, and in fact public opinion was strongly against involvement.  That was the argument, not whether or not the Treaty of Versailles was a good idea.

Perhaps you should learn a bit of history before lecturing me.

https://www.dla.mil/About-DLA/News/News-Article-View/Article/1162583/logistics-and-american-entry-into-the-great-war/

But by early 1917, Germany was on the verge of losing the war. And so it declared on Jan. 31 that its submarines had the right to sink any ship in the war zone encircling the United Kingdom, without warning.

Between this announcement and the U.S. declaration of war on April 6, Germany sank 10 U.S. merchant ships.

• Confused 4
  • Love It 1

9 hours ago, rabas said:

You should learn.  China-Vietnam is an excellent big bully beats up smaller neighbor parallel to Russia-Ukraine, many wars. Just like Russia, China had trouble accepting Vietnam is not China. Same same. Lots of book burning and brutal cultural cleaning, too. 

But for the last 1000 years, Vietnam successfully retained its sovereignty in spite of Chinese aggression and a few wars.

It's not about hope. it's about defending family, home, and culture, just like Ukraine. That suggests Ukraine may have a better ending than Russia. 

Only a western imperialistic mind could have come up with such a hypocritical post.

But for the last 1000 years, Vietnam successfully retained its sovereignty in spite of Chinese aggression and a few wars.

Vietnam became a French colony in 1877 with the founding of French Indochina, which included Tonkin, Annam, Cochin China and Cambodia. (Laos was added in 1893.) The French lost control of their colony briefly during World War II when Japanese troops occupied Vietnam

It’s also interesting that the wests’ major ally in Asia is another well known imperialistic nation, probably the only one.

It's not about hope. it's about defending family, home, and culture,

The political impact of colonialism led to persecution, and imprisonment of those who opposed the French colonial regime. The cultural impact of colonialism introduced Western culture to Vietnam, resulting in the decline of traditional cultural practices and values.

Hypocrisy, anyone?

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

Yes, things are much better under russian control..../s

Yes, sad isn’t it?

As Kissinger supposedly once said, “to be America’s enemy is dangerous, to be America’s ally is fatal”. Lindsey Graham considers this money well spent.

Poor Ukraine.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

I’m aware of this.  It does nothing to disprove my point.  Congratulations— you’ve become even more of a sophist than ever.

Still with the insults. Are you incapable of posting without the insults or attacks on other posters?

Have I posted any insults about you? I have not, despite your insults to me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1