Hi Fi Stereo Equipment - Amplifiers.

33 RPM

As far as I know there is an Audio print magazine in Thai in Thailand.

Years ago, when I looked at it, they had lots of advertisement. I would guess that you should be able to find shops (or area with shops) in such a magazine. 

Some of those mp3 bluetooth boxes sound pretty damn good. A friend brought a Harman-kardon back from the states, it sounded quite amazing for a little thing, probably as good as the low-mids&highs of ADS speakers, though my ears don’t hear the highs as in the past.

Edited by novacova
  • Thumbs Up 1

For an incredible selection of used Japanese audio gear, LUCKY HOME warehouse stores, one km. from the Samrong BTS in Bangkok.  There are actually 3 warehouses, open daily containing literally thousands of cameras, lenses and all sorts of Japanese goods that arrive by the container load every week but for you audio guys, there is a separate building with literally thousands of speakers, amps, pre-amps, ect, ect.  There is a fully manned test-bench set-up so you can test anything you are considering buying.  Prices are not dirt-cheap.  They know what things are worth but there are many bargains to be had, especially if you are knowledgeable.

Edited by dddave
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dddave said:

For an incredible selection of used Japanese audio gear, LUCKY HOME warehouse stores, one km. from the Samrong BTS in Bangkok.  There are actually 3 warehouses, open daily containing literally thousands of cameras, lenses and all sorts of Japanese goods that arrive by the container load every week but for you audio guys, there is a separate building with literally thousands of speakers, amps, pre-amps, ect, ect.  There is a fully manned test-bench set-up so you can test anything you are considering buying.  Prices are not dirt-cheap.  They know what things are worth but there are many bargains to be had, especially if you are knowledgeable.

I always suspected something like this SHOULD exist in Bangkok - Fortune or Zeer don't quite cut it in terms of audio and camera stuff, but I had no where to turn to. Until now, thanks s MILLION!

Specific Yamaha. https://th.yamaha.com/en/find/dealers/index.html

No dealer in Chiang Mai.

OMF how far you want to go with quality?

Just checked most expensive speakers. Ill mention the nr 2 , as nr 1 is in solid gold housing.

Nr 1 is 5 million $ , nr 2 just 2 million $

image.png.8dba871da9200d5e736a46a98d4b8d6d.png

image.png.790b2fcc74987139afeaa41f526d7c27.png

And then we are not even discussing amps for them.

But I wonder could you ever really hear it? Agree sometimes you ll notice it.

Had a college who bought a Merc, it had Bose soundsystem in it, that was really utterly nice.

Found famous, second hand, B&W Nautilus. Only 45000 $, only the 2 speakers!

image.png.2af33271c0804ebef34e7922ef1278b5.png

Would be very curious in hearing those ones. Probably never will.

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but I'm looking for quite the opposite.

I have a Marantz 7.1 and a Pioneer 5.1 receiver, but they run damn hot and use a lot of power. Good for movies etc, but my music I play from a SSD connected to a tablet.

For my background mucic, only 2 outdoor ceiling speakers and 2 indoor speakers are required, so looking for something cheap that can do the job.

I looked on the usual online platforms, but what I find are mostly 2.1 and utter crap.

Any suggestions

On 6/23/2024 at 10:55 PM, CallumWK said:

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but I'm looking for quite the opposite.

I have a Marantz 7.1 and a Pioneer 5.1 receiver, but they run damn hot and use a lot of power. Good for movies etc, but my music I play from a SSD connected to a tablet.

For my background mucic, only 2 outdoor ceiling speakers and 2 indoor speakers are required, so looking for something cheap that can do the job.

I looked on the usual online platforms, but what I find are mostly 2.1 and utter crap.

Any suggestions

Edifier "Active" speakers, that is powered by their own built in amp are loved by some, including me and hated by others.  I have a pair of 1280DB speakers (B3200/Lazada) in my bedroom, connected to my bedroom TV but built-in Bluetooth allows me to use my mobile as a music source.  My living room TV is connected to a pair of Edifier R2000DB speakers. (B5000) I enjoy all types of music including classical and these speakers are to my ears, enormously satisfying with deep, smooth bass as well as  balanced mids and highs.  In my opinion, the price to performance ratio of most Edifier speakers is excellent.

1 hour ago, dddave said:

Edifier "Active" speakers, that is powered by their own built in amp are loved by some, including me and hated by others.  I have a pair of 1280DB speakers (B3200/Lazada) in my bedroom, connected to my bedroom TV but built-in Bluetooth allows me to use my mobile as a music source.  My living room TV is connected to a pair of Edifier R2000DB speakers. (B5000) I enjoy all types of music including classical and these speakers are to my ears, enormously satisfying with deep, smooth bass as well as  balanced mids and highs.  In my opinion, the price to performance ratio of most Edifier speakers is excellent.

I've got those Edifier's and I'm very pleased with them. Built-in pre-amp.