A potential association between COVID-19 vaccination and development of alzheimer's disease

My vaccine injury symptoms are getting worse, over 3 years after my 2nd Pfizer.  (You may recall that my symptoms started the day after my 2nd Pfizer and over 2 years before I got Covid)  The left side of my head has recently gone from numb to low grade pain.

Next week, I'll be back in Bangkok and I plan to get a CT of my head at Bumrungrad, where they have several historic CT's of my head to compare.

Gonna be interesting...

It's going to take years before we know the full extent of the damage caused by the mRNA.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

15 minutes ago, impulse said:

My vaccine injury symptoms are getting worse, over 3 years after my 2nd Pfizer.

My deepest sympathies,   please do keep everyone updated...needs to be shouted from the rooftops.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, johng said:

My deepest sympathies,   please do keep everyone updated...needs to be shouted from the rooftops.

I appreciate your compassion.  Most of the posters on this side have given up even posting here.

• Thumbs Up 1

The cited study says "preliminary evidence" and "potential" association...

"Preliminary evidence suggests a potential link between COVID-19 vaccination, particularly mRNA vaccines, and increased incidences of AD and MCI." [emphasis added]

And balanced against that, from the Alzheimer's Society:

Coronavirus (Covid) vaccines and dementia

Our information gives a summary of what people affected by dementia need to know about the Covid vaccines, including consenting to have a vaccine.

2. Can the Covid vaccine make dementia worse?

There is no evidence that any of the coronavirus vaccines make dementia worse.

There is also no evidence that the coronavirus vaccine can make someone who doesn’t have dementia more likely to develop the condition. 

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/coronavirus/covid-vaccines-dementia

AND

COVID-19 vaccine tied to reduced deaths in seniors with dementia

July 18, 2023

For the first time, researchers have calculated excess deaths among US dementia patients during the pandemic, and they found a reduction in excess mortality among long-term care residents after COVID-19 vaccines were made available. The study was published today in JAMA Neurology.

"Our finding that faster vaccine rollout and greater coverage were associated with larger reductions in ADRD-related deaths in year 2 suggests that access to vaccines, both for persons living with ADRD and their care professionals, may play a key role in reducing excess deaths,” the authors concluded.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine-tied-reduced-deaths-seniors-dementia

• Thanks 2

Curiously, the language in the OP cited study also sounds a whole lot similar to the language in this 2022 Journal of Alzheimer's Disease study that found significantly increased risks of Alzheimer's diagnosis from people who previously had been infected with COVID vs. those who had not:

Association of COVID-19 with New-Onset
Alzheimer’s Disease

"Before propensity-score matching the overall risk for new diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease in the COVID-19 cohort was 0.68%, compared to 0.35% in the non-COVID-19 cohort. After propensity-score matching, COVID-19 cohort had increased risk for new diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease compared to matched non-COVID-19 cohort (HR: 1.69, 95% CI: 1.53–1.72).

Older adults with COVID-19 were at significantly increased risk for new diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease with highest risk in people age ≥85 and in women."

The authors also wrote:

"However, whether COVID-19 might trigger new-onset Alzheimer’s disease or accelerate its emergence is unclear." And they called for more studies and long-term research on the subject.

https://content.iospress.com/download/journal-of-alzheimers-disease/jad220717?id=journal-of-alzheimers-disease%2Fjad220717

• Like 1

Also interestingly, the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease also has reported on two prior studies that found various other vaccines (flu, shingles, TDP, etc.) all have been associated with reduced risks of developing Alzheimer's disease, as follows:

Several vaccines associated with reduced risk of Alzheimer’s disease in adults 65 and older

21 August 2023

Prior vaccination against tetanus and diphtheria, with or without pertussis (Tdap/Td); herpes zoster (HZ), better known as shingles; and pneumococcus are all associated with a reduced risk for developing Alzheimer’s disease, according to new research from UTHealth Houston.

The new findings come just over a year after Schulz’s team published another study in the journal, which found that people who received at least one influenza vaccine were 40% less likely than their unvaccinated peers to develop Alzheimer’s disease.

“We were wondering whether the influenza finding was specific to the flu vaccine. This data revealed that several additional adult vaccines were also associated with a reduction in the risk of Alzheimer’s,” said Schulz, who is the Umphrey Family Professor in Neurodegenerative Diseases and director of the Neurocognitive Disorders Center at McGovern Medical School. “We and others hypothesize that the immune system is responsible for causing brain cell dysfunction in Alzheimer’s. The findings suggest to us that vaccination is having a more general effect on the immune system that is reducing the risk for developing Alzheimer’s.”

https://www.j-alz.com/content/several-vaccines-associated-reduced-risk-alzheimers-disease-adults-65-and-older

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Most of the posters on this side have given up even posting here.

Myself included on several occasions..however I think it's  very important and valuable to keep speaking out whenever and wherever possible..eventually the truth will out.

Just look at the the two recent UK scandals  "tainted blood"  and "post masters"  covered up for years  totally innocent people  injured and defamed  some even  took their own life disgraceful. 

Just now, johng said:

Myself included on several occasions..however I think it's  very important and valuable to keep speaking out whenever and wherever possible..eventually the truth will out.

Just look at the the two recent UK scandals  "tainted blood"  and "post masters"  covered up for years  totally innocent people  injured and defamed  some even  took their own life disgraceful. 

The strange thing is that I'm not anti-vax, nor even anti mRNA.  The numbers show that for some demographics the benefits outweighed the risks. But that's not who they're targeting for the shots.  And we're all entitled to transparency and to the data that allows us (and our own healthcare providers) to make those decisions.  Whatever data is available at the time.  Not having to scrape it out of databases 3 years later. 

With yet more data that won't come out for years, though it's already gathered.  Just not disseminated.  I call it squelched, while others call it debunked.  It's not debunked until it hits the light of day.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, impulse said:

With yet more data that won't come out for years, though it's already gathered.  Just not disseminated.  I call it squelched, while others call it debunked.  It's not debunked until it hits the light of day.

Totally agree with what you say...

at the end of the day it has to come down to bodily autonomy "my body my choice"

no one should be forced,coerced,persuaded or shamed into taking therapeutics that are not fully tested and proven  and if some one wants to take the therapeutic they should be provided with the full information beforehand.

• Like 1

Maybe the Korean study cited above represents actual real evidence of new and different outcomes, as opposed to "preliminary" and "potential" associations. Or maybe it doesn't, in line with past research on this subject:

The neurological safety of covid-19 vaccines

BMJ - Published 16 March 2022

"Leveraging data on 8.3 million people from two large electronic health record databases in the UK and Spain, Li and colleagues (doi:10.1136/bmj-2021-068373) studied the association between covid-19 vaccines, either vector based or mRNA, and immune mediated neurological outcomes.1 Neither the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (Oxford-AstraZeneca) nor the BNT162b2 (Pfizer-BioNTech) vaccine was associated with an increased risk of neurological adverse events. [emphasis added]

To explore such concerns properly, large scale epidemiological studies are needed, and only two such studies are available: the new study by Li and colleagues and a previous study by Patone and colleagues.6 The latter found a slightly increased risk of Guillain-Barré syndrome and Bell’s palsy associated with ChAdOx1 nCoV-19, and of haemorrhagic stroke with BNT162b2. In line with Li and colleagues’ findings, the risks of all neurological outcomes in the 28 days after a positive SARS-CoV-2 test result were substantially higher.

Overall, the findings of both studies16 are reassuring about the safety of the vaccines, particularly compared with the observed risks associated with SARS-CoV-2 infection. Neither study should therefore lead to any changes in communications to the public about the positive benefit-risk balance of vaccines.

(more)

https://www.bmj.com/content/376/bmj.o522

And at least as of May 2021, this is what Reuters had to report on the subject:

No evidence that Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine causes Alzheimer’s disease

As of this article’s publication, the COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by Pfizer-BioNTech has not been shown to cause Prion diseases or neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS).

Dr Irina Skylar-Scott, a neurologist at Stanford Hospitals and Clinics who specializes in Alzheimer’s and other disorders of cognition and behavior, ... said she knew of no evidence linking any of the COVID-19 vaccines to Alzheimer’s, and emphasized that Alzheimer’s patients are particularly vulnerable to the novel coronavirus because the infection may put their cognition at risk.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s briefing documents for both the Pfizer vaccine (here) and the Moderna vaccine (here), which also uses mRNA technology, do not mention anything about the development of neurodegenerative diseases during clinical trials that involved tens of thousands of volunteers.

A CDC spokesperson told Reuters via email that it “is aware of no evidence to date that vaccination contributes to the development of prion-related disease or neurodegenerative diseases like ALS and Alzheimer’s.”

Lol, the propoganda against the report is strong.  I love how words are put in 50 font and bolded.  No bias from anyone  posting in this thread multiple times.

It's pretty clear all these journals have to say things like "preliminary" "possible" and " the vaccine has still been shown to be effective" otherwise the journals would not publish the data as many doctors have spoken out about.  It's a shame such censorship exists, even in journals.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, dhupverg said:

Lol, the propoganda against the report is strong.  I love how words are put in 50 font and bolded.  No bias from anyone  posting in this thread multiple times.

It's pretty clear all these journals have to say things like "preliminary" "possible" and " the vaccine has still been shown to be effective" otherwise the journals would not publish the data as many doctors have spoken out about.  It's a shame such censorship exists, even in journals.

Let me correct your post.

"the arguments against the report are strong".

• Confused 1

It is rather curious that here we are 3-1/2 years after the worldwide rollout of COVID vaccines and more than 13 billion doses given at last check, and apart from this one recent, relatively small South Korean study, there seems to be little if anything elsewhere supporting its findings, and numerous studies and reports as posted above not supporting them.

And instead, the bulk of the reported evidence thus far has pointed to COVID disease (not vaccines) as a main culprit increasing risks for Alzheimer's, such as:

Risk for Developing Alzheimer’s Disease Increases by 50-80% In Older Adults Who Caught COVID-19

September 13, 2022

"Older people who were infected with COVID-19 show a substantially higher risk—as much as 50% to 80% higher than a control group—of developing Alzheimer’s disease within a year, according to a study of more than 6 million patients 65 and older.

In a study published today in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, researchers report that people 65 and older who contracted COVID-19 were more prone to developing Alzheimer’s disease in the year following their COVID diagnosis. And the highest risk was observed in women at least 85 years old.

The findings showed that the risk for developing Alzheimer’s disease in older people nearly doubled (0.35% to 0.68%) over a one-year period following infection with COVID. The researchers say it is unclear whether COVID-19 triggers new development of Alzheimer’s disease or accelerates its emergence."

(more)

https://neurosciencenews.com/aging-alzheimers-covid-21407/

• Like 1

Contributors to the thread might want to consider the following:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9654214/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5105210/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10025478/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33567524/

https://pathsocjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/path.2162

So, the Angiotensin system we know basically regulates blood pressure. It probably does a bunch of other things.  We know over expression of part of the system, through Angiotensin II, can lead to myocarditis in young mals. There is deregulation of the same enzyme in AD patients. Incidently, most AD patients eventually go into heart failure, which is what happened to my father. ACEII is the receptor that down regulates Angiotensin II, breaking it down. So interferance in the receptor can lead to vascular events; increased blood pressure, stroke etc. But ACEII is everywhere in the body. Its full role is not fully understood, but its impact is far reaching.

Coronaviruses including Sars-Cov-2, use the AceII receptor as a means to enter a cell, and infect it, through the spike protein. The spike protein likely structurally varies in different coronaviruses and coronavirus variants. This protein will compete with Angiotensin II to bind to the receptor. How well it competes depends on, among other things, its Affinity Constant. What that protein is stuck to impacts the Affinity Constant; its about charge. Now, most of the vaccines mimic the spike protein, to generate an immune response.  Unlike the virus, the vaccine (or whatever you want to call it) induced spike protein isn't attached to a virus. Its going to have a lower affinity constant and is less likely to bind to the ceII receptor. The exception was that early Chinese vaccine that used inactivated virus that had been passaged through Chimpanzee cells (ie, so it wasn't exactly like the human form). But I can see a plausible mechanism how such a vaccine might induce side effects in patients. But I see a much stronger explanation why COVID-19 is such a complex diease; we thought originally it was a respiratory disease, and treated patients as if it was a respiratory disease, with unsurprising poor results, when in some patients, it became a vascular disease, a renal disease and possibly a neurological disease.

To paraphrase Matt Damon's character in The Martian, they (the medical community) are going to "science the sh*t" out of this, probably for the next 20-30 years. Careers will be built on this, reputations made, and reputations ruined. They are going to get to the bottom of COVID-19, but that will be the least magnificent outcome. I can foresee an unlocking of this angiotensin system. How does it protect the obese? Why, when it goes wrong, does it affect young men and not young women. What on earth has to to do with dementia? And that will potentially unlock cures to illnesses that will affect a great many of us; our cardiovascular health, our mental health, how is this system affected by the environment (if a virus can screw it up, what else can).

Every pandemic and major epidemic in history has lead to medical breakthroughs and advancement of our healthcare systems.

• Like 1