Medpark Hospital (Bangkok) review

As Sheryl always says,  you don't choose the hospital,  you choose the doctor. 

Medpark has at least one doctor who is the best in his field in Thailand. 

Unfortunately,  when I needed a doctor as a patient,  the one who dealt with me was not the best in his field. 

So, ymmv.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

My Thai wife and I went to MedPark at the end of May this year.  She went for a routine (once every 5 years) colonoscopy, and I went for a routine annual medical examination. 

The cost for both were significantly more expensive than what we would pay for similar procedures in a private hospital in Phuket.  But my wife was very curious about the hospital, and my excellent Health Insurance covers the extra expense, so we were only out of pocket the amount for the travel and the accommodations for a number of nights in Bangkok.  I say a 'number of nights' as my wife used this opportunity to visit highschool  & university friends (from decades ago) and also to visit relatives in Bangkok - plus do some shopping in Bangkok.

MedPark is very luxurious.  Very comfortable waiting areas with wifi in the hospital.  The doctors appeared competent from what I could experience, but then at age 70 I am fortunate to still be very healthy.   My wife was satisfied with their (MedPark's) colonoscopy procedure.

My wife and I have been to Bummrungrad many years back for medicals, and the MedPark expensive cost is comparable to Bummrungrad's costs (maybe MedPark is even more expensive).  My wife has 3 Thai doctor's in the family:  a brother-in-law, a niece, and a nephew (who don't work in Bangkok). She was told that MedPark was going out of its way to attempt to hire Thailand's best doctors by paying the doctors more than what other hospitals pay their doctors, and also MedPark was making an effort to procure the best equipment for the doctors to use.  I am no judge of that, I am just noting what my wife was told.

Will I go to MedPark again for a routine examination?  Unlikely IF by myself as Phuket's private hospitals are decent.  But my wife was happy and she may want to go again, and if she does, I will go with her.  Money is not an issue, and a happy wife is a happy life.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1