service apartment recommendations

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for a service apartment similar to Smith Residence in Chiang Mai (https://chiangmaiapartment.com/), but in Bangkok, Koh Samui, or Pattaya/Chonburi. I plan to stay for one month at each location. My budget is between 15,000 and 20,000 baht per month. In Bangkok, I’d prefer a place close to the Skytrain. Ideally, the place should have a website for more information. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you!

Thank you for the recommendations!

@strikingsunset: I didn’t realize there are service apartments on Airbnb. I’ll definitely check out Airbnb for more options.

@pdinbkk looks like a great resource. I like the property type filter,  I’ll explore it further.
Also, for Bangkok, I can adjust my budget to be a bit higher than 20,000 baht if needed.

I appreciate your help!

Here is another site I found : https://www.thaiwebsites.com/servicedapartmentssukhumvit.asp

7 minutes ago, Lambique said:

Thank you for the recommendations!

@strikingsunset: I didn’t realize there are service apartments on Airbnb. I’ll definitely check out Airbnb for more options.

@pdinbkk looks like a great resource. I like the property type filter,  I’ll explore it further.
Also, for Bangkok, I can adjust my budget to be a bit higher than 20,000 baht if needed.

I appreciate your help!

Here is another site I found : https://www.thaiwebsites.com/servicedapartmentssukhumvit.asp

Did you find a place that will let you stay only a month? 

19 hours ago, pdinbkk said:

A little tip for the respondents here: if you have no advice, then don't comment! 

To the OP, look on this website: https://propertyscout.co.th/

There are many Serviced Apartments in these locations in that price range:

Bangkok:

image.png.a9680c4a3c040f3fab5a1d95961ad6af.png

Koh Samui:

image.png.fc275067d904186b27276157bae962b4.png

Pattaya:

image.png.47289a8d1879dc1940f65e5b74c0cb17.png

Awful.

Did not even answer 1 message  when I was looking for a place.

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

yes

The legality of Airbnb in Thailand can be a bit murky, especially for short-term stays. 

Airbnb itself is legal: Using Airbnb as a platform to find accommodation is perfectly fine in Thailand.... but Short-term rentals (under 30 days) could be an issue: According to the Hotel Act, renting a residential property for less than 30 days without a hotel license could be considered operating an unlicensed hotel business. This could lead to fines or even jail time for the host, though as ever, enforcement is inconsistent.

Long-term rentals (30 days or more) are generally okay - Renting a property on Airbnb for a month or longer is generally legal, but some condo buildings might have restrictions on long-term rentals or subletting through Airbnb.

Also, here are some additional things to consider - Building regulations: Always check with the building management or owner to see if short-term rentals through Airbnb are allowed. and finally Tax  Both hosts and guests may have tax obligations when using Airbnb in Thailand.

13 minutes ago, kwilco said:

The legality of Airbnb in Thailand can be a bit murky, especially for short-term stays. 

Airbnb itself is legal: Using Airbnb as a platform to find accommodation is perfectly fine in Thailand.... but Short-term rentals (under 30 days) could be an issue: According to the Hotel Act, renting a residential property for less than 30 days without a hotel license could be considered operating an unlicensed hotel business. This could lead to fines or even jail time for the host, though as ever, enforcement is inconsistent.

Long-term rentals (30 days or more) are generally okay - Renting a property on Airbnb for a month or longer is generally legal, but some condo buildings might have restrictions on long-term rentals or subletting through Airbnb.

Also, here are some additional things to consider - Building regulations: Always check with the building management or owner to see if short-term rentals through Airbnb are allowed. and finally Tax  Both hosts and guests may have tax obligations when using Airbnb in Thailand.

If you already knew, why did you ask? 

In any event, this thread is about monthly rentals, so like I said, yes, it is legal. 

32 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

If you already knew, why did you ask? 

In any event, this thread is about monthly rentals, so like I said, yes, it is legal. 

I just found out unlike you I did a bit of research - I thought by asking the question here I would have got a coherent answer, instead i got a monosyllabic response from yourself (a bit better than your usual effort?). So when confronted with this conspicuously uninformative reply,  I was triggered me to investigate further - - and actually  you need to review your response think about 30 days or a month.

Edited by kwilco

5 minutes ago, kwilco said:

I just found out unlike you I did a bit of research - I thought by asking the question here I would have got a coherent answer, instead i got a monosyllabic response from yourself (a bit better than your usual effort?). So when confronted with this conspicuously uninformative reply,  I was triggered me to investigate further - - and actually  you need to review your response think about 30 days or a month.

Triggered you? That's hilarious. You only asked the question so you could jump in with your answer. 

How many hundred times has the legality of Airbnb come up on this site anyway? Anyone been arrested yet? And what risk is there to the renter anyway? 

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Triggered you? That's hilarious. You only asked the question so you could jump in with your answer. 

How many hundred times has the legality of Airbnb come up on this site anyway? Anyone been arrested yet? And what risk is there to the renter anyway? 

You wouldn't let it lie would you? Why bother answering if you can't do it properly?

A 2018 court ruling in Hua Hin declared that renting out a unit for less than 30 days without having a Hotel License violated the Hotel Act and was therefore illegal. For several months after that, many people were arrested and fined for listing their condominium units on AirBnB.

Edited by kwilco
  • Haha 1