Colour Scheme At Suvarn****

thwock

i wish they would ditch the battleship grey paint scheme and use say for example lemon yellow to brighten the place up ,its so depressing all that Battleship grey latticework !

did they get a good deal on a surplus from Sattahip left over from days gone by ? all aboard the SS Suvarnaboom ,poop poop ..

The topic header had me rushing in. What colour scheme? Am I blind? Did I miss anything? Colour? Suvarnetc? Did they beautify it over night? I am really glad domestic flights leave from good old Don Muang. At least it has a little bit of yellow.

The topic header had me rushing in. What colour scheme? Am I blind? Did I miss anything? Colour? Suvarnetc? Did they beautify it over night? I am really glad domestic flights leave from good old Don Muang. At least it has a little bit of yellow.

Thanks god for smokers :o:D

cheers

onzestan

Virtually all of my arrivals and departures at Suvarnabhumi are at nighttime or early morning (before sunrise). The lighting in the terminal seems to be inadequate -- it's too dark and combined with the exposed-concrete design produces a gloomy effect. In particular, above the shops they should put some upward facing lights to brigthen up the scene by shining toward the white (well, kinda white) roofing fabric.

I have met visitors arriving in day time, and at least the main terminal (not airside) seems bright and cheery, whereas it doesn't at night. How is airside during daytime with natural lighting?

An additional problem that I think is intensified by inadequate lighting is the condition of the flooring. With darkness and shadows, the unevenness and uncleanliness of those poorly chosen floor tiles is amplified. I would think under brighter lighting it would be less noticeable? (Why are so many of those tiles already cracked and chipped, anyway?)

To compare and contrast, all of my arrivals and departures at Singapore's Changi airport have been at night time and that place is so bright and cheerful. In addition, all the orchids and potted palms give it a feeling of life. Suvarnabhumi is just dull, drab and gloomy.

Suvarnabhumi is just dull, drab and gloomy.

Welcome to Thailand :o

I thought that at night the coloured lighting was supposed to make the fabric roof change colour - but then you only really see that from Departures, not Arrivals.

The whole airport is very poorly designed - very long branches, congestion at emigration, sometimes congestion at immigration. Lack of toilets (or signs to toilets).

It is not a good gateway to a country that relies on tourism for a fair portion of it's foreign revenue.

This is not necessarily the fault of the AoT. The designer was an American/German consortium, the location was poorly chosen many years ago, the construction JV were constantly fighting each other and there was no strong lead (except Tacky - and all he was interested in was to finish it before the next election)(and money)

try getting a boarding pass for another flight while in transit at s'bhumi - those counters are located at the junction between different concourses and the layout couldn't have been more messed-up if it were done by a 3 year old! :D all that complicated by under-staffed transit counters makes for a wait in the queue anywhere between 20 - 60 minutes. :o