Thailand Welcomes 16 Million Tourists in 2024, Sees Surge in Middle Eastern Visitors

image.jpeg

Thailand recorded 16 million foreign tourists from January 1st to June 16th of this year, according to the figures released by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports.

The ministry on June 19th reported that the Eid al-Adha Islamic holiday led to a significant 97.82% increase in tourists from the Middle East. There were also increases in tourists from Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore by 32.99%, 37.70%, and 17.94% respectively.

Last week, Thailand welcomed 657,362 foreign tourists, an increase of 65,024 or 10.98% from the previous week, averaging 93,909 foreign tourists per day.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-06-24

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

When I was in Phuket last year I was shocked at the high volume of Arab tourists, they are not high wealthy Arabs, are not high spenders, and the trend continues with Thailand attracting relatively low end Malaysians, Chinese, Indians, Russians, and Arabs. A small percent of Russians seems to be the exception, as many of their gangsters are buying up property in Phuket. 

Quantity over quality only works if you are seliing $2 items at a swap meet. Way to go Srettha. Your genius is on constant display. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

When I was in Phuket last year I was shocked at the high volume of Arab tourists, they are not high wealthy Arabs, are not high spenders, and the trend continues with Thailand attracting relatively low end Malaysians, Chinese, Indians, Russians, and Arabs. A small percent of Russians seems to be the exception, as many of their gangsters are buying up property in Phuket. 

Quantity over quality only works if you are seliing $2 items at a swap meet. Way to go Srettha. Your genius is on constant display. 

Believe it or not I have had Arabs tell me they come for the rain, at the moment Booking.com is saying the number 1 nation to book here in Rawai is Saudi's 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It hasn't changed, let me assure you. Relatively low cost, lack of laws or enforcement for the sex/drugs trade and an open door visa policy. What could possibly go wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1