Do you read really old forum posts?

simon43

Every 6 months I log out out of my online profiles and create clean ones. So I have no idea what account I was using around 2013. 🫠 But it already happened to me a few times before. I was reading some post and the guy who wrote it seemed well informed, educated, clever and his opinions really clicked with me. Then I looked at his profile and I had that "oh" moment, because it was one of my old profiles. 😂

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AnotherOneHere said:

Every 6 months I log out out of my online profiles and create clean ones. So I have no idea what account I was using around 2013. 🫠 But it already happened to me a few times before. I was reading some post and the guy who wrote it seemed well informed, educated, clever and his opinions really clicked with me. Then I looked at his profile and I had that "oh" moment, because it was one of my old profiles. 😂

I've done that too, come across a post by somebody who I really thought wrote something interesting and then found out it was an old me....funny actually.

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2024 at 8:41 PM, simon43 said:

Google Search is a wonderful thing because it indexes so many old posts from AN/ThaiVisa.  My name cropped up on an unrelated Google search and I found myself reading a 2015 thread about 'prepping', with some posts from myself, including a couple of photos which I thought I had lost and which I downloaded for safe-keeping.

I have previously looked back 20 years for some of my early threads - interesting to see what were popular subjects on the forum all those years ago and a little sad to see many forum members who are no longer with us.

Perhaps 'nostalgic', rather than 'sad'.  We should save sadness for worse times looking forward, and make the most of nostalgia while we can still remember the good times.  And even then, sadness might be discouraging for those around us, and they might struggle to keep us cheerful in our future tribulations.  I suggest you do a 'Search and Replace' on "sadness" with "nostalgia" / "stoic fortitude" / "sanguine humour" as appropriate.