TM30 or lease

Hi.  I'm in Thailand on a METV (UK). I arrived 24th December.  I moved into a condo in Phuket on the 14th February.  The condo is a sub let from the previous tenant who moved back to Bangkok.  I'm named on the lease along with my partner.  The lease is signed by the previous tenant.  We have no issues with this and will see the lease out to its conclusion. 

I'm about to apply for a driving licence and need a letter of residence from Phuket immigration (Blue Tree).  Can I use a copy of the lease agreement for the letter of residence? We contacted the managing agent for the condo and there hasn't been a TM30 completed as the actual owner doesn't know about the sub lease and we cannot get in contact with the previous tenant (our landlord).  Opinions much appreciated. 

24 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

The person renting a condo can apply for their own TM30 using the lease, but they also require a copy of the Owners ID and Chanote.

So I'd say you're screwed with a probably illegal sub-lease the owner knows nothing about

Thought that may be the case.  Thanks for the response 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, qwab32 said:

The lease is signed by the previous tenant.  We have no issues with this and will see the lease out to its conclusion. 

now you know there is an issue. 

2 hours ago, qwab32 said:

Can I use a copy of the lease agreement for the letter of residence?

thats not your name on it... so.. i dont think you can use it. They will give you back and ask for a proper one.

conclusion: you need to do a new contract with the owner and ask to write the date of moving in to house the day you will go and do your new TM30.. problem solved. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, qwab32 said:

Thanks.  That is helpful 

Is it? Isn't this bit doing a 90 day report ( as TM30 mentioned after it), which you wouldn't be doing on a METV?

Prerequisite are:
Up to date address registration.

Edited by Pattaya57

32 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Is it? Isn't this bit doing a 90 day report ( as TM30 mentioned after it), which you wouldn't be doing on a METV?

Prerequisite are:
Up to date address registration.

Not sure.  I'm not an immigration expert, hence the original post.  If this means 90 day report then correct it's not relevant for me. Thanks

On 6/28/2024 at 10:44 AM, qwab32 said:

Hi.  I'm in Thailand on a METV (UK). I arrived 24th December.  I moved into a condo in Phuket on the 14th February.  The condo is a sub let from the previous tenant who moved back to Bangkok.  I'm named on the lease along with my partner.  The lease is signed by the previous tenant.  We have no issues with this and will see the lease out to its conclusion. 

I'm about to apply for a driving licence and need a letter of residence from Phuket immigration (Blue Tree).  Can I use a copy of the lease agreement for the letter of residence? We contacted the managing agent for the condo and there hasn't been a TM30 completed as the actual owner doesn't know about the sub lease and we cannot get in contact with the previous tenant (our landlord).  Opinions much appreciated. 

How  long can you stay/leave & re enter in TH on a METV? You arrived in Dec, now it is end June.