Extending A 30 Day Visa For 12 Days Without Leaving Thailand?

Hi Everyone!

I am a frequent visitor to Thailand

I have been in BKK for 3 + weeks... I have a job offer with Chulalongkorn University to begin in October and I have been preparing for that...

My current 30 day tourist visa is up on August 6th or 7th -- depending on how you count the days...

Here's my question (s)...

I am flying back to the USA on August 19th and...

I do not really want to make a border run just for 12 -13 extra days...

Can I do an extension at the Immigration Office in Bangkok?

How much would that cost for 12-13 days??

Where is the Immigration Office in Bangkok located?

Many thanks for your help and advice!!!

kawp kuhn mag krab!

dseawarrior

:o

Hi,

Not an expert, but you can only get a 7 days extension ( based on Voa) at Immigration at the cost of 1.900 Thb. Consider "I have a job offer with Chulalongkorn University..." Its not to wise to have an overstay in your record if you are going thru the Non-B, Wp procedure etc in the near future.

Better to go on a Cambo visa run, and have a clean sheet when you start your process towards the new job.

Hi Everyone!

I am a frequent visitor to Thailand

I have been in BKK for 3 + weeks... I have a job offer with Chulalongkorn University to begin in October and I have been preparing for that...

My current 30 day tourist visa is up on August 6th or 7th -- depending on how you count the days...

Here's my question (s)...

I am flying back to the USA on August 19th and...

I do not really want to make a border run just for 12 -13 extra days...

Can I do an extension at the Immigration Office in Bangkok?

How much would that cost for 12-13 days??

Where is the Immigration Office in Bangkok located?

Many thanks for your help and advice!!!

kawp kuhn mag krab!

dseawarrior

You can make an extension of stay for up to 7 days. This would be done at Suan Phlu Immigration HQS off South Sathon Road. Cost would be 1,900 baht.

You can not obtain more than a 7 day extension of stay.

map.gif

Thanks to Doro22 & Lopburi3!

I guess I will have to make a run to Angkor Wat and Siem Riep.... I have wanted to go there for a long time... If I plan to stay the whole 12 extra days...

Another option is that I could change my ticket to return to the USA sooner, but I don't really want to do that...

If I make a visa run to Cambodia... Do I need to get a visa first from the Cambodian Embassy or can a travel agent handle that???

Never been to Cambodia before... Any suggestions are welcome... A friend told me about cheap border bus trips but I would rather make an outing and see some sights rather than a simple cheap border crossing...

Please advise as to what is fun and realatively cheap...

Many many thanks!!!

dseawarrior

You can make an extension of stay for up to 7 days. This would be done at Suan Phlu Immigration HQS off South Sathon Road. Cost would be 1,900 baht.

You can not obtain more than a 7 day extension of stay.

map.gif

Here's a Second but related question to my story...

Question on Non-Immigrant B visa at Los Angeles, CA USA...

Anyone happen to know how long it takes the Royal Thai Embassy in Los Angeles to process a Non-Immigrant B visa nowadays???

I did the same 3 years ago for a different job and they were able to turn the visa around overnight (I got there in the morning and picked up my passport with the Non-Immigrant B visa the next day)...

I am hoping they are just as fast these days...

Any extra hoops that they have these days??? I have already been thoroughly checked (fingerprints, long interviews, etc.) via Chula U...

Any suggestions and new (recent) information is very helpful!

Many Many Thanks!

dseawarrior

You should ask the Consulate as there may be a requirement for police check if you are going to be a teacher. Believe visa issue would still be submit one morning and pick up next day. You might also ask in the teaching forum as someone might have recent experience.

Thanks lopburi3 !

You are the guy in the know for all sorts of things... You must be connected with the LOS for a LONG time... I appreciate your thoughts and help here and on other forums...

Yes, I will try to contact the consulate directly, but in the past they were difficult to reach by phone... I will try asking by e-mail... And will put up a questions on the teaching forum...

Chula has already done the police check here in Thailand and that was A-OK... But who knows what the Thai consulate may need stateside these days... Don't know if I can just mail them my passport (I hesitate to do that) or if I need to make a personal appearance in Los Angeles... I have lots on my plate between now and starting the new job October first...

And the price of a VOA in Cambodia? Sorry to be such a noodge digging for information... But you folks are the experts and I am still learning!

Most gracious thanks to L3 and all!

dseawarrior

You should ask the Consulate as there may be a requirement for police check if you are going to be a teacher. Believe visa issue would still be submit one morning and pick up next day. You might also ask in the teaching forum as someone might have recent experience.

Thanks lopburi3 !

You are the guy in the know for all sorts of things... You must be connected with the LOS for a LONG time... I appreciate your thoughts and help here and on other forums...

Yes, I will try to contact the consulate directly, but in the past they were difficult to reach by phone... I will try asking by e-mail... And will put up a questions on the teaching forum...

Chula has already done the police check here in Thailand and that was A-OK... But who knows what the Thai consulate may need stateside these days... Don't know if I can just mail them my passport (I hesitate to do that) or if I need to make a personal appearance in Los Angeles... I have lots on my plate between now and starting the new job October first...

And the price of a VOA in Cambodia? Sorry to be such a noodge digging for information... But you folks are the experts and I am still learning!

Most gracious thanks to L3 and all!

dseawarrior

Ask Chula whether the Thai Police Clearance is all they want. My understanding is that police clearances are not required for teachers at tertiary institutions.

Is it possible to get an extension for a person who just has a 30 day *stamp* in his visa and is not in Bangkok but in Songkhla?

I can't do another border run as I am at my 90 day limit and need to get a visa soon, but it would be really convenient to put it off for 7 days at least.

Thanks.