Medical Certs For Visas

Reading through the topics it often gets mentioned that retirees need a medical certificate.

Suddenly I realised that with my Non Imm O (married ) visa, I have never been asked for a medical certificate. I am 57 now.

Am I automatically healthy because I am married?

Just a thought.

Reading through the topics it often gets mentioned that retirees need a medical certificate.

Suddenly I realised that with my Non Imm O (married ) visa, I have never been asked for a medical certificate. I am 57 now.

Am I automatically healthy because I am married?

Just a thought.

Believe it or not Astral, it seems that Immigration believes that if one can remain married to a Thai lady, you must be well. :o The old age retiree's chase chicks and over imbibe, so a medical certificate is necessary. A quick trip to a hospital and a positive response to the question " Have you got the 50 baht " wins the doc over every time

Hello

I'm writing for a friend of mine who's planning to retire in Thailand in 2 1/2 years. He's a 57 year old American cittizen with a Thai girlfriend. He read an article re alcoholics not welcomed in Thailand and needs some advice.

He's been a clean and sober alcoholic for over 19 years and and has no plans to relapse. What sort of certification questions are asked? Where can he see the cert?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

artistmouth

A quick trip to a hospital and a positive response to the question " Have you got the 50 baht " wins the doc over every time

My medical certificate did cost me recently twice as much (100 baht) as it did only four months ago!

So for a quick 50 baht for the hospital they lost me as a long-term customer, eventually requiring more expensive treatment. But hey, TiT, so I told them where to stick the membership card... :o

He's been a clean and sober alcoholic for over 19 years and and has no plans to relapse. What sort of certification questions are asked? Where can he see the cert?

Don't worry.

It is your current state of health that matters,

NOT something that happened a long time ago.