Wife's Mother Visa

My wife's mum has been here for 7 months and is due to go back to Thailand in November - She's 54 (with one other daughter in LOS) and we've looked into keeping her here on a family visa. Of course the DIMIA site doesn't say this, but it could take up to 10 years on top of the 2 grand payments...OR...up to $40,000 the other 'quicker' way. Bastards. If she didn't have her other daughter there, she could come here on the 'family alone' option, but obviously that's out the question. So now we are looking at trying to find her a man and it looks like we may have a winner. The question is, and it's something I can't find any info on the site about, are the fees still ridiculous for a 54 year old spouse, or prospective spouse ? Would it be looked at more kindly if she married before going back to LOS, or wouldn't it matter?

Thanks for any thoughts :o

My wife's mum has been here for 7 months and is due to go back to Thailand in November - She's 54 (with one other daughter in LOS) and we've looked into keeping her here on a family visa. Of course the DIMIA site doesn't say this, but it could take up to 10 years on top of the 2 grand payments...OR...up to $40,000 the other 'quicker' way. Bastards. If she didn't have her other daughter there, she could come here on the 'family alone' option, but obviously that's out the question. So now we are looking at trying to find her a man and it looks like we may have a winner. The question is, and it's something I can't find any info on the site about, are the fees still ridiculous for a 54 year old spouse, or prospective spouse ? Would it be looked at more kindly if she married before going back to LOS, or wouldn't it matter?

Thanks for any thoughts :o

If she marries here she can apply for a spouse visa.....but would I believe have to go back to do that.

She can go back and apply for a prospective spouse visa...then return for marriage

I dont see that there would be any extra costs due to age as there would be for a younger woman.

You say you have a guy that may marry her....to get the spouse or the prospective spouse visas they will need to show proof of a continuing and genuine relationship...this will take time so that the evidence can be gathered. It is unlikely that from now to November would be time enough.

Edited by gburns57au