Bnh Hospital

gorshar

Apparently not...

This is the same company that runs Bangkok Hospital and Samitivej.

The reason I'm asking is my fuzzy memory recalls that it was only a couple of years ago they took over BNH.

I've been a regular customer of BNH for nearly a decade and culminating with a very unsatisfactory experience that bordered on frightening involving our two-year old son there last week I have noticed what I see as a general deterioration in the quality of customer service, bedside care, etc in the last couple of years coinciding with a noticeable increase in hospital fees. And I'm wondering whether there is a connection. Assuming of course I am correct that Dusit Medical are only recent owners of BNH. If they in fact have been long time owners, then I guess it's something else. Or only our bad luck.

It's a shame because I always valued BNH for the personal care and service preferring it over much ballyhooed Bumrungrad.

Anyway, our son is okay. And I'm wondering what's another top hospital not owned by Dusit and not Bumrungrad...?

Just saw this thread, think the buy out was mid-2001.

As an aside:-

From Nation Busines Section 16 Sep 2006.

Bangkok Dusit Medical Services Plc, the operator of the Bangkok General Hospital Group, has invested Bt870 million to acquire a 15.76 per cent stake in Prasit Patana Plc, the operator of the three Phyathai hospitals, from Bank of Ayudhya.

In a filing to the Stock Exchange of Thailand yesterday, Bangkok Dusit's board approved the investment to acquire 273.03 million shares from the bank. The payment was completed yesterday.

Bangkok Dusit owns 13 hospitals around the country, including BNH Hospital - formerly the Bangkok Nursing Home - and two branches of Samitivej Hospital. It has also operated hospitals in Cambodia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Burma and Saudi Arabia, to be followed by Oman and the United Arab Emirates.

Bangkok Dusit always acquires the controlling stake in a hospital in which it invests.

Regards

/edit typo//

Edited by A_Traveller