Myanmar Daughter - School in Pattaya

Hello,

My wife and and stepdaughter are Burmese and while we wait for the graciousness of the USCIS to issue the daughter's visa (wife already has green card, still taking over a year for 11 year old daughter), we need to stay in Thailand.  It took them two weeks and blown out bridge for them to get out of Myanmar, and I'm not about to send them back.

Thus, I'm looking to enroll the daughter in a school, which will be good prep for her when she finally gets back to the states, which is expected to be in about 6 months.  Are there any recommendations for schools that would offer a semester or so, vs full year?  Unfortunately, time is of the essence as their visas run out on the 12th and we're looking to get settled for the next ~6 months.

Thanks much,

John

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tod Daniels said:

Did they enter on a 14 day entry stamp (the free stamp burmese get)? If so you aren't gonna get any in country visa issued from that stamp as you need a minimum of 15 days left on the stamp to even apply for the in country Non-ED visa

You can get a hold of the burma embassy in bangkok, get a letter from them saying they can't go back and with that they can get a 30 day extension based on "embassy request" <- THAT stamp could be converted in country to a 90 day Non-ED visa. 

Thanks Tod - that's a good idea and it'll be great if they'd issue a letter - I'll give it a shot!

Best,

• Thumbs Up 1

International schools are normally paid per term – there are three terms in a year – paying a whole year in advance gives a small discount. So, as another mentioned, you don't need to tell for how long time you wish to attend. The last term ends mid July, and first term begins just around September 1st. There are numerous international schools, most of them use Cambridge curriculum.

On 7/5/2024 at 8:53 AM, Praxis13 said:

Thanks Tod - that's a good idea and it'll be great if they'd issue a letter - I'll give it a shot!

Best,

This is what this forum should be about, helping others!!!