Communicating with Equiniti (UK Military Pensions)

I wish to change my bank details. So I did the same as I always have done and wrote them a letter quoting my Pension Reference Number as required.

'Sorry' they said in their reply, but for data protection reasons we now require you to provide the following:

Pension Reference Number

National Insurance Number

Service Number

Date of Birth

So another letter written and another trip to the post office. I wish these guys would get themselves into digital age and make it possible to do this on line. Many other pension providers have this facility nowadays.

Anyway I thought I'd let my fellow veterans know so that you don't have make two trips to the post office. My request wasn't time critical, but others might find theirs more urgent.

Enjoy your day.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I wish to change my bank details. So I did the same as I always have done and wrote them a letter quoting my Pension Reference Number as required.

'Sorry' they said in their reply, but for data protection reasons we now require you to provide the following:

Pension Reference Number

National Insurance Number

Service Number

Date of Birth

So another letter written and another trip to the post office. I wish these guys would get themselves into digital age and make it possible to do this on line. Many other pension providers have this facility nowadays.

Anyway I thought I'd let my fellow veterans know so that you don't have make two trips to the post office. My request wasn't time critical, but others might find theirs more urgent.

Enjoy your day.

Strange how they operate.  I did the same by email with all the info they wanted and they sent me  a form to complete.

Nice to meet a fellow UK vet.  Same city and same age.   Small world indeed🙏🏻

Edited by Raindancer

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Has anybody got their email address as I would like to contact them about transferring my reduced pension to my wife when I die.

armedforcespensions(at)equiniti.com

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Has anybody got their email address as I would like to contact them about transferring my reduced pension to my wife when I die.

Sent it, but the post has come up all in red and must be approved by admin.....never seen that before????

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

This is the contact address:

Veteransukpensions(at)equinity.com

• Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Equiniti!

As I am sure you know every year they send you a pension statement!

Two years ago mine was opened at the Bangkok International mail office ( a sticker telling me this was used to reseal it. The amount I received annually, and the monthly amount was written in Thailand script on the back of the envelope!

But they tell me that they won't use email as it "is not secure"!

I didn't get a statement this year

Just now, billd766 said:

I didn't get a statement this year

Send them an email and confirm the address you want it sent to.  They are normally sent out mid to late May each year. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Raindancer said:

Send them an email and confirm the address you want it sent to.  They are normally sent out mid to late May each year. 

Thank you. This is the first year that they have missed. Perhaps they sent it via the postal system and it went AWOL.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2024 at 10:31 AM, Raindancer said:

Strange how they operate.  I did the same by email with all the info they wanted and they sent me  a form to complete.

Nice to meet a fellow UK vet.  Same city and same age.   Small world indeed🙏🏻

I was requesting a change of bank details within the UK for which a form is not necessary. 

Thanks to @Raindancer above, I now know about this Equiniti website which might be useful in the future.

https://equiniti.com/uk/contact-us/veterans-uk-overseas-pensions-payment-forms/

I contacted the veterans gateway chatline yesterday (open 24/7), but they only seem to give out links to other sites though they are useful contact links.

If you are in receipt of certainly an RAF pension and you are married to a Thai lady who speaks less than perfect UK government gobbledygook English, it may be a good idea to do as much of the paperwork yourself asap. 

I am not sure yet if they will accept any documents such as a death certificate in Thai, nor am I sure at this point if they will require the original document or a copy or a certified copy (who can or will certify any document?) but you may need more than 1 copy, especially if you have more than 1 pension. 

I will dig as deeply and as quickly as I can.

For the Army, RN and RM you may have to go to the veterans gateway to get the links that are relevant to your branch.