Strong disc lock and chain?

Hey

In my home country I use Abus Granit Detecto X-Plus on my dear bike. Here I can't seem to find any good locks at all. 

Can you recommend a really strong lock and chain for my bike that I'm about to buy? Shopee and Lazada only seem to have locks for about 200 thb...

Any decent hardware store can cut you off a length of chain and supply you a pretty sturdy padlock to go with it. I did that when I lived in town, but now I'm a country dweller I don't bother anymore.

If they really want your bike  (what bike BTW)

they will take it no matter what lock is on there  just turn up with a pickup truck couple of thugs and angle grinder   gone in 60 seconds 😋 just get a padlock and lock the front disc brake while out and about  at home keep in the bedroom   like the Thais do !

And perhaps consider some good insurance ?

7 minutes ago, johng said:

If they really want your bike  (what bike BTW)

they will take it no matter what lock is on there  just turn up with a pickup truck couple of thugs and angle grinder   gone in 60 seconds 😋 just get a padlock and lock the front disc brake while out and about  at home keep in the bedroom   like the Thais do !

And perhaps consider some good insurance ?

Check our Abus granit detecto X-Plus, sure makes it more complicated for them. I'd like to find something similar here.

18 hours ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

Hey

In my home country I use Abus Granit Detecto X-Plus on my dear bike. Here I can't seem to find any good locks at all. 

Can you recommend a really strong lock and chain for my bike that I'm about to buy? Shopee and Lazada only seem to have locks for about 200 thb...

Have a look on Webike Thailand, they do cash on delivery

https://thai.webike.net/parts/ca/3000-3100-3106

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Agusts said:

Don't worry, this is not Europe, nobody touch your bike here... 😊

papa leaves key in ignition.  Nobody steals.

• Haha 2

On 7/8/2024 at 3:16 PM, papa al said:

papa leaves key in ignition.  Nobody steals.

Well I asked the OP what the bike was but got no answers

which bike do you leave the keys in  CBR,Ducati or the Yamaha  personally I always take the keys with me.  even when driving my "motersai harng"

• 3 weeks later...