Cambridge diet alternative

Posted (edited)

I am looking to lose weight. I had have know some people completed the cambridge diet and it worked wonders. However, in the UK its easy to get access to the supplements and the program to follow.

I have tried looking online if I can get access to the supplements the ready to eat meals and the program here. But couldn't find any.

I am just wondering if there is any alternative cambridge diet that I can get from within Thailand itself without having order from overseas.

It would be great if there is a week by week program and includes the supplements that you need to eat.

Edited by karl2007

Posted (edited)

You are probably going to get hammered in here for asking about these for profit diet schemes which most people will agree do not sustainably work.  Keto diet will work wonders though.  Basically, you just try cut out as much carbs and sugar as you can.  So no rice, no noodles, no Thai curries with lots of sugar in them, no bread, no pastries, no candy bars.  All these years they have been telling us that saturated fat and cholesterol is bad and causes heart disease, but studies now show that it's actually carbs and sugar. 

The only fat that is bad is any industrial processed fat, like you get from vegetable/seed oils that have been made using high temperatures.  Anything referred to as trans-fat or partially hydrogenated vegetable oil also means heat processed.  The only fat processing that is not bad is if it doesn't use any heat.  Sometimes referred to as cold pressed.  The good news for Thai food lovers is that coconut oil is considered good.  A little tricky trying to find Thai food that is not fried with the bad oils and little or no sugar though.  

Edited by shdmn
  • Agree 2

Is there any ready to eat meals for the keto diet. Rather than checking what is contained in each food. It would be great if there is some ready to eat meals that are keto ready.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, karl2007 said:

Is there any ready to eat meals for the keto diet. Rather than checking what is contained in each food. It would be great if there is some ready to eat meals that are keto ready.

It's a hugely popular diet now a days so I would be surprised if you could not find read to eat meals in Thailand.  It's easy enough to eat keto friendly food in Thailand without doing that.  Khao Man Gai is a perfect example of healthy street food.  Just eat the boiled chicken and veggies and leave the rice.  You can eat the skin too if you want.  If you just ate that and salad every day you would lose weight quite quickly.  Spit roast chicken is another easy to find example.  BBQ chicken/pork skewers.  Schwarma on a plate without the pita and without too much of that white sauce which has lots of sugar.  There is lots of good stuff that is easy to find in Thailand, you just need to learn to avoid the bad stuff, like rice and noodles.

I leave most of that huge mound of rice on my plate.  Maybe only eating a couple tablespoons worth.  When I get a noodle bowl I eat the meat and veggies in there and leave most of the noodles.  It may seem like a waste but rice and noodles are cheap in Thailand. They will give the uneaten stuff to the soi dogs.  

Edited by shdmn

58 minutes ago, shdmn said:

You are probably going to get hammered in here for asking about these for profit diet schemes which most people will agree do not sustainably work.  Keto diet will work wonders though.  Basically, you just try cut out as much carbs and sugar as you can.  So no rice, no noodles, no Thai curries with lots of sugar in them, no bread, no pastries, no candy bars.  All these years they have been telling us that saturated fat and cholesterol is bad and causes heart disease, but studies now show that it's actually carbs and sugar. 

The only fat that is bad is any industrial processed fat, like you get from vegetable/seed oils that have been made using high temperatures.  Anything referred to as trans-fat or partially hydrogenated vegetable oil also means heat processed.  The only fat processing that is not bad is if it doesn't use any heat.  Sometimes referred to as cold pressed.  The good news for Thai food lovers is that coconut oil is considered good.  A little tricky trying to find Thai food that is not fried with the bad oils and little or no sugar though.  

Why not aim for something long term sustainable diet? 

Calculate your calories maintenance for your weight, and eat balanced 500 calorie deficit, loose half a kg a week eating clean food, balanced 25% protein, 30% fat, 45% carbs? 

Do aim for move a bit more for every week, do not give up if the weight loss is slow, do not cheat, stop drinking alchohol, drink more water, make sure you get enough sodium, and do the long run passionately and with patience.

There is no short cuts, be diciplined and have believe in what you do.

Cambridge diet might work, but christ sake, crap food and diet, when you can eat clean tasty food of red meat, chicken, duck, fish, vegetables, fruit, lenses/beans, oat, nuts, virgin oils, and diary produts if you only bother to weigh your food, make your weekly meny for lunch and dinner of your favorite food. 

Breakfest basic 500 calorie of oats, youghurt, cottage cheese, banana, spoon of jam, a few nuts and chia seeds. 

A Multivitamin

2000- 2300 calories is alot of food if you eat clean and do not cheat. 

Good luck

Up and go find your favorite exorcize. Rowing is one of the most efficiently activity for weight loss. 

Can buy from lazada and take very little space

Best buy in Thailand

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.oCRjz

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.oCR0W

Elastic power bands 

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.oCRLU

Exercises everyone can do without potential danger for injuries just adjusting to your strenght by powerbands

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, still kicking said:

You pay extra for the tattoos?:sorry:

Special for you 

Enjoy 😉 

Edited by Hummin

On 7/7/2024 at 11:07 PM, shdmn said:

I agree.  Not long ago, I went on a modified carnivore diet for several months.  No sugar, no fructose, nothing containing high fructose corn syrup, no carbohydrates, nothing containing processed of ultra processed food, no bread or grains of any kind, no seed oils.  Just grass fed beef and some salmon once in a while. Eggs once in a while.  I had some green leafy vegetables on occasion as a salad.  I lost about 15 kilos or so in six weeks.  

Since then, I’ve added some limited carbs on occasion, and more vegetables.  I’ve kept off the weight.

• 2 months later...
On 7/7/2024 at 11:10 PM, karl2007 said:

Thai friend did keto she ordered in pre-made so yes somewhere in BKK there would be a company delivering keto meals.

On 7/8/2024 at 1:18 AM, Hummin said:

Special for you 

Enjoy 😉 

Those things are a bit off a gimmick, the TGF has bought a stepping thingo, chases a ball tied to some heavy iron thing with a bat but it  didnt take her long to realise the treadmill I bought was better value, now I spend about 30 min max a session about 4 to 5 times a week on the treadmill, youre not really going to lose weight it was for when I decided to give up going for walks around her because of the footpaths that look like Gaza, its for endurance, limbering up, exercise unless your doing army basic training unlikely to loose much weight, its always about what you put in youre mouth theres enough info out there to debunk knocking your brains out in a gym is the way to go.

You might want to try local diet programs available in Thailand that are similar to the Cambridge Diet. Look for meal replacement programs or consult with local dietitians for personalized plans. Some options may include Herbalife or local health stores. Additionally, check online forums or social media groups for recommendations on local alternatives.

On 9/15/2024 at 4:30 AM, Njoku said:

Those things are a bit off a gimmick, the TGF has bought a stepping thingo, chases a ball tied to some heavy iron thing with a bat but it  didnt take her long to realise the treadmill I bought was better value, now I spend about 30 min max a session about 4 to 5 times a week on the treadmill, youre not really going to lose weight it was for when I decided to give up going for walks around her because of the footpaths that look like Gaza, its for endurance, limbering up, exercise unless your doing army basic training unlikely to loose much weight, its always about what you put in youre mouth theres enough info out there to debunk knocking your brains out in a gym is the way to go.

I got a full complete home gym with treadmill and rowing machine. 

I started to use elastic bands as I was travelling quite a bit, and to my surprise had gains in strenght when coming back to the basic heavy lifting with weights. 

They do work, and I have axercised with weights more or less for 33 years. Not only my experience. 

With elastic powerbands you can have a complete workout same as you use weights. And even better for elderly who easily tends to lift to heavy with poor form, there is less potential for accidents or getting hurt, damage tissues etc.