Sound Bar

Just mounted a TV outside mainly for playing aerobic exercise videos, but also watching the football when the grandkids come.

Do you think the sound would be too diffused and would the TV sound be just as good outside?

Any recommendations on Sound Bars?20240708_062503.thumb.jpg.a4a1498795229baac313fefb3b8f9187.jpg20240708_062427.thumb.jpg.b03c63d1f2a46ce607fa8ce94ff531bb.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Encid said:

I recently bought a JBL Soundbar (880W) Bar 1000 Pro from PowerBuy and it is awesome!

Best feature (apart from the sound) is the HDMI eARC technology that enables your speakers to play everything sent to the TV, whether it is an Android box streaming media from the internet via HDMI, a DVD player playing to the TV via HDMI, or a video file played by the TV from a USB external drive.

What size is your TV?

The soundbar I bought is exactly the same length as the new TV I bought with it... a 65" Toshiba.

Looking at your photos it would appear that there is not a lot of space below the TV to mount a soundbar without interfering with your switches, unless you mount it a bit lower.

Although the specs for the soundbar do say that it is a wireless subwoofer, it still needs a power cable to drive the sub amplifier, and another power cable to drive the amplifier for the soundbar itself.

I'd recommend heading off to the nearest PowerBuy store and checking them out yourself, and getting the sales rep to demonstrate them for you in the store.

That way you can determine performance vs your budget. 

Here is their store locator.

Thanks. I'm going to move the wifi router and install a little bench under the TV. I think it's 55".

I think our nearest store is about 80km away in Mukdahan so may go there for lunch on the weekend.

Thanks again. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Fender Monterey Bluetooth Speaker it's perfect for outside. It looks like a traditional Fender Amp and sounds great with Volume, Bass, Treble adjustment knobs. It has a toggle on/off switch once you switch it on it connects automatically to your TV and it will automatically shut off if you mute your TV for approx 20 minutes.

I got mine on sale last year for approx 9,000 baht but the nicer version(Monterey Tweed Yellow Mustard, which is usually 18,000 baht) is on Lazada for 10,000 baht. There's also a black barely used version on Lazada for $6,400 baht. The Fender Monterey sells for $400 in the U.S.A. 

A Fender Monterey Yellow Mustard 245437_1.jpg

Edited by Furioso
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1