Subway Sarnies

thaiflyer1

thaiflyer1

as sales and maketing manager for the Pattaya Trader I would like to thank you for promoting my magazine, and you'll be happy to know my idea to Andy, the franchisee at Subway!

PS You can get a Trader at Foodland, Friendship, Tops, Best and any of our advertisers.

• 5 years later...
Will that be a all you can eat for 99 Baht Place? Dont see a chance otherwise that he will survive, thats very deep in cheap charly territory

As a rule, Subway are not a 99 baht 'all you can eat' restaurant. They offer a selection of hand made bespoke sandwiches on a variety of premise-baked-bread.

The prices of sandwiches vary from 129 baht upto 379 baht.

Although this Subway location is situated in 'Cheap Charlie' territory I expect it to do well and achieve profit targets.

Soi Buckaew is changing, I consider this location to be 'in ascendancy'.

Opening date is tentative: March 14th St Patricks day, with traditional Irish sandwich fillings offered in celebration.

Potato sandwiches? :)

Beware the Ides of march! (corned beef and cabbage --- gads the gas!)

Will that be a all you can eat for 99 Baht Place? Dont see a chance otherwise that he will survive, thats very deep in cheap charly territory

As a rule, Subway are not a 99 baht 'all you can eat' restaurant. They offer a selection of hand made bespoke sandwiches on a variety of premise-baked-bread.

Although this Subway location is situated in 'Cheap Charlie' territory I expect it to do well and achieve profit targets.

They have a special for 69 baht every day. But I don't suppose the buy-1-get-2 includes that?

They have a special for 69 baht every day. But I don't suppose the buy-1-get-2 includes that?

The OP was a 2004 posting, why not just start a new post Syd!!????????????????

@@@@@ UPDATE @@@@@

February 13th 2010

A new Subway (sandwich retailers) is under construction on the corner of Soi Buckhaew and Soi Diana.

Opening date is tentative: March 14th St Patricks day, with traditional Irish sandwich fillings offered in celebration.

Would that be the Thai St Patricks day???? As I am sure all the Irish celebrate this day on the proper date of the 17th March!!!

• 4 weeks later...
@@@@@ UPDATE @@@@@

February 13th 2010

A new Subway (sandwich retailers) is under construction on the corner of Soi Buckhaew and Soi Diana.

Would that be the Thai St Patricks day???? As I am sure all the Irish celebrate this day on the proper date of the 17th March!!!

It gives me great pleasure to announce that 'Subway' (on the corner of Soi Diana and Soi Buckhaw) opened today. It is doing a roaring trade and has some tasty special offers:

It is offering a six inch sandwich for 69 Baht or a twelve inch sandwich for 138 baht on these days only:

Monday: Chicken Teriyaki

Tuesday: B.L.T.

Wednesday: Sliced Chicken Chilli

Thursday: Tuna

Friday: Sliced Chicken & Ham

Saturday: Pizza Sub

Sunday: Sliced Chicken

Enjoy! :)

Hi,

What is special with the cooking in Subway shops ?

2 times I had the occasion to enter in a Subway,

and 2 times I did not by any thing ... because of the bad odors inside ! :D

I do not know if it's "normal" for such a shop

or if they use special ingredients that cause this odor,

but it really smell very bad ... :D

:)

Hi,

I have not experienced these bad odours in 'Subway' in Pattaya. Was it specifically one particular outlet?

Was it the 'fishy' tuna smell they use for some toppings? Or perhaps the sulphurous chopped egg?

Good luck next time.

:D

Hi,

The only odor I have smelled at the Subway shops is the homemade bread. (In my opinion) Subway is successful in Thailand (besides offereing something more fresh and healthier than a fastfood hamburger joint) because they train their employees. It is a pleasure to go to a Subway and not get so frustrated with the help. They are responsible and on task. (However, they do fail to notice when their Honey Oat bread is out and need to bake more.)

Maybe the bad odor the fellow (above post) smells is the sweaty farang customer standing next to him that hasn't taken a shower all day and has that sour butter scent on him.

Subway is successful in Thailand (besides offereing something more fresh and healthier than a fastfood hamburger joint) because they train their employees. It is a pleasure to go to a Subway and not get so frustrated with the help. They are responsible and on task. (However, they do fail to notice when their Honey Oat bread is out and need to bake more.)

Have the staff improved at Subway? The last time I went there about 2 years ago the staff were quite frustrating and the sandwiches even worse.