Daily routine

About the same ...

... 2 scrambled eggs for first meal, w/natto & kefir

... then dog takes for my morning exercise

... gets my vit D also

First meal is near noon, (after intermittent fast from 2100 hrs) so already had my morning coffee while having a chuckle with world news & AN., 

Coffee

Prat about on the PC

Coffee

Prat about on the PC (or shopping)

Tea

Swim and a bit of exercise

Lunch (smashed avocado and poached eggs on sourdough toast -  or a salad  -  followed by home made Greek Yoghurt with berries).

Prat about on the PC

Rest

Dinner  (roast chicken/pork with veggies or a salad followed by yoghurt with berries and a square of 92% dark chocolate.

TV

Lemon Balm Tea

Sleep

Edited by hotandsticky

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Toast and coffee at home then 100km cycle and a couple of coffee stops with friends, later lunch usually street food, maybe massage etc later. Golf tomorrow 

You must have a good bike

Get up around 7.30am 2 coffees look at AN rubbish its addictive try to 'ave a laugh, Cheese n something sandwich at around 1pm, word puzzles on my laptop, afternoon nap, wonkering if I feel the need, am or pm, 2 large Leos after 5.30pm, along with a few cones, evening meal around 9.30pm while watching TV YouTube movies, then sleep at around, (eating just makes me want to sleep) 11pm.

Edited by brianthainess

29 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Toast and coffee at home then 100km cycle and a couple of coffee stops with friends, later lunch usually street food, maybe massage etc later. Golf tomorrow 

Praise those e-bike batteries. 😉

• Haha 2

Coffee

Egg and hashbrowns meds and vitamins 

Blunt

News apps

Email and Asean N

Youtube subs

Ukulele practice 

Fart around

Lunch

Asean Now

Blunt

Hour on the bike

Relax

Work on world peace

Dinner

Watch Youtube subs

Blunt

Munchie snacks

Spotify podcasts for news on ufo's and foolish politicians

Lights out and Old Time Radio till sleep

4 hours ago, susanlea said:

Eggs for breakfast

Exercise band workout

Sunlight

Read the sporting news

Laugh at how bad politics is

Coffee

When did you start working out with bands? Great when not have gym available. Love mine and created anchors and a stand where I can do basic pull and push exercises. The best investmet ever for cheap money. 

Every day? 

14 minutes ago, SoCal1990 said:

You are supposed to take the foil wrapping off first. 

just google chocolate and heavy metals - lots of reports dating several years...lists the worse and the best chocolates for lower heavy metals.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Presnock said:

just google chocolate and heavy metals - lots of reports dating several years...lists the worse and the best chocolates for lower heavy metals.

I was wondering why I've been looking more like Iron Man lately. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal1990 said:

I was wondering why I've been looking more like Iron Man lately. 

You must of bought that one from TOPS market - I nnoted they are on the high metals content...now the recommendation is 70-80 % dark chocolate (one small square I think.... but then we have to add the fish...no wonder our weight gets so heavy as we get older.

6 minutes ago, Presnock said:

You must of bought that one from TOPS market - I nnoted they are on the high metals content...now the recommendation is 70-80 % dark chocolate (one small square I think.... but then we have to add the fish...no wonder our weight gets so heavy as we get older.

I've been eating a lot of the Lindt stuff for years. There was even a class action against them. Not sure why it was dismissed. 

https://www.consumerreports.org/health/food-safety/lead-and-cadmium-in-dark-chocolate-a8480295550 

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/consumer-products/food/lindt-dark-chocolate-class-action-claims-some-products-contain-lead-cadmium 

My routines in Thailand at the farm

Wake up before 6 

walk the dogs

Coffe before or after walking the dogs

protein shake with creatin and some fruit

Cardio or start doing some work before to hot

breakfest Oat, nuts, seeds, youghurt, fruit

work a bit more until to hot

Gym every second day or so, depending on how I feel. Some weeks working out 3 days, off one day, and repeat.

Protein shake with BCAA

Lunch

A nap

Work some more

Walk the dogs

Dinner

Protein shake

at least 4-5 liter clean water a day and a snack or two between meals which can be dry beef or omelett

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

My routines in Thailand at the farm

Wake up before 6 

walk the dogs

Coffe before or after walking the dogs

protein shake with creatin and some fruit

Cardio or start doing some work before to hot

breakfest Oat, nuts, seeds, youghurt, fruit

work a bit more until to hot

Gym every second day or so, depending on how I feel. Some weeks working out 3 days, off one day, and repeat.

Protein shake with BCAA

Lunch

A nap

Work some more

Walk the dogs

Dinner

Protein shake

at least 4-5 liter clean water a day and a snack or two between meals which can be dry beef or omelett

Good boy. Sounds like all you need is another 4-5 protein shakes per day and you'll be rocking. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SoCal1990 said:

Good boy. Sounds like all you need is another 4-5 protein shakes per day and you'll be rocking. 

Some drink beer, I drink my share of protein 😉

What do you prefer? 

My daily need for protein is 160g 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

My daily need for protein is 160g 

Your doing the body builder routine of 1 gram per pound of body weight. Overrated and not that much is needed if not a body builder. And after age 50 too much strain on the kidneys. Creatine definitely not good either. 

Take a look at your eGFR. If low then get these additional diagnostic tests:

Blood Albumin

Urine Protein

Urine Creatinine

Urine Albumin

Crystatin C

If all not so good then ease up on the protein and creatine and drink more green tea. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal1990 said:

Your doing the body builder routine of 1 gram per pound of body weight. Overrated and not that much is needed if not a body builder. And after age 50 too much strain on the kidneys. Creatine definitely not good either. 

Take a look at your eGFR. If low then get these additional diagnostic tests:

Blood Albumin

Urine Protein

Urine Creatinine

Urine Albumin

Crystatin C

If all not so good then ease up on the protein and creatine and drink more green tea. 

All done routinely. 

I do 1,6g pr bodyweight.  You need to read up on researches when it comes to diet for an advanced lifter in the 50´ies

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

All done routinely. 

I do 1,6g pr bodyweight.  You need to read up on researches when it comes to diet for an advanced lifter in the 50´ies

All completely anecdotal. You need to routinely look at your own blood work and see how it's affecting your own body. First need all the following kidney tests to establish a baseline:

BUN

Blood Creatinine 

Crystatin C

Blood Albumin

Urine Protein

Urine Creatinine

Urine Albumin

Or just ignore it all completely, which sounds like what you prefer. 

1 minute ago, SoCal1990 said:

Or just ignore it allompletely, which sounds like what you prefer. 

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

All done routinely. 

3 minutes ago, SoCal1990 said:

All completely anecdotal. You need to routinely look at your own blood work and see how it's affecting your own body. First need all the following kidney tests to establish a baseline:

BUN

Blood Creatinine 

Crystatin C

Blood Albumin

Urine Protein

Urine Creatinine

Urine Albumin

Or just ignore it all completely, which sounds like what you prefer. 

I had a 6 month bulk period now gaining 8kg on a 3500calorie diet. Now cut back to 2500 for a month and lost two kg, so as expected. Will cut back on protein intake at once I reach my goal weight, and stay on 1,4g pr bodyweight. Studies shows 2g as upper limit for healthy people. 

It is a reason why I also have a high clean water intake to make sure Im not dehydrated on higher protein intake. Protein shakes, coffe, etc comes on top of clean water. 

A decent reference on upper limit of protein intake. But as every other science, you can be shopping for the results you want, and read cut and paste articles leaving essential information out. 

My bloodwork is good

https://mennohenselmans.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/