UAE - Birth certificate Attestation

We are looking to relocate to Dubai. Part of the process is to have my kids birth certificates Attested by the UAE embassy. Since they were born in Thailand it should be done in Bangkok. Has anyone been through this process previously?  How does it work? Can it be done remotely? Send the documents to the embassy? Or does one of the parents need to take the documents to the embassy? 

We are in the UK now, so we are not intending to fly back to Thailand purely for this. We may use an agency to complete this if needed. I have emailed the embassy but had no reply. Any info would be appreciated

Hi Moto45, 

I am going through something similar but I am currently in Thailand.

My agency advised that I require to courier the original birth certificate to them and they will attest it at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Then they can get it stamped at my Embassy and courier it back to me (but I may go down to BKK to visit my embassy in person). 

In your case I find it strange that you require to send your birth certificate to BKK because I am assuming it was already attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and you stamped it your Embassy before you traveled to the UK. Therefore I would have thought you could get it stamped at the UAE embassy in London?

You may wish to phone or visit the UAE embassy in UK to reconfirm this.

Hope this helps