Trump rushed off stage after possible assassination attempt

DPat

30 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

He was a right wing Republican

he was a 20 year old kid with some kind of republican party membership card in his pocket that is all you know, and it means nothing. You and a few others seem to be unable to accept this

As an example , in the UK several years ago many conservative MPs and other opponents of the labour party actually signed up for labour party membership and managed to get lefty loser Jeremy Corbyn voted in as leader 

Simply carrying a card means nothing

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, impulse said:

You're forgetting the innocents who don't get shot, robbed, burglarized or carjacked every year, because they're armed, or the bad guys think there's a chance that they are. 

Take away our right to be armed, and it's open season on the innocent, with the bad guys still armed.  Because they won't be giving up their guns.  Look at most Blue cities with tight gun control.  Crime is out of control.

Cities in Blue States are experiencing larger declines in crimes relating to gun violence than cities in red states in 2023.  

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

The left has all the outcast, unemployed, "revenge on society", communist types in their ranks.

I used to be one of them.  Then I got a STEM degree, a decent job, bought a house, grew some pubic hair and started to get laid.  Not often enough, but not never.

Now I identify as a conservative.

Of course, it may also be related to liberals going so far left with DEI, boys in girls' bathrooms and sports, $900 of free stuff- just walk out with it,  zero $$ bail- even if you're already scheduled for 5 separate felony trials, and free food, housing and healthcare for everyone except citizens.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, connda said:

Works for me, but then I am a self-avowed conservative.  No - not MAGA.  No - not Republican.  A conservative in the Classical Liberal sense which put me left of center 50 some-odd years ago. 

Anyone who calls themselves a conservative in the Classical Liberal sense but supports project 2025, seriously misunderstands what it means to be that sort of conservative..

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, impulse said:

You're forgetting the innocents who don't get shot, robbed, burglarized or carjacked every year, because they're armed, or the bad guys think there's a chance that they are. 

Take away our right to be armed, and it's open season on the innocent, with the bad guys still armed.  Because they won't be giving up their guns.  Look at most Blue cities with tight gun control.  Crime is out of control.

"Crime is out of control."

Really?

Murder Rates Are Plummeting. What Should We Make of It?

"A murder decline of even half the magnitude suggested by the early 2024 data," writes Jeff Asher, a data analyst and co-founder of AH Datalytics, "would place the US murder rate this year largely on par with or below where it was from 2015 to 2019 prior to the surge in murder in 2020." There are certainly reasons for caution here, chief among them that it is May, not December. The situation could certainly take a turn for the worse. But should the data continue on the current trajectory, then the number of homicides seen in the U.S. will indeed be back to, or under, pre-COVID levels—a concession also recently made by Charles Fain Lehman, a fellow at the conservative Manhattan Institute.

https://reason.com/2024/05/06/murder-rates-are-plummeting-what-should-we-make-of-it/

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

"Crime is out of control."

Really?

Murder Rates Are Plummeting. What Should We Make of It?

"A murder decline of even half the magnitude suggested by the early 2024 data," writes Jeff Asher, a data analyst and co-founder of AH Datalytics, "would place the US murder rate this year largely on par with or below where it was from 2015 to 2019 prior to the surge in murder in 2020." There are certainly reasons for caution here, chief among them that it is May, not December. The situation could certainly take a turn for the worse. But should the data continue on the current trajectory, then the number of homicides seen in the U.S. will indeed be back to, or under, pre-COVID levels—a concession also recently made by Charles Fain Lehman, a fellow at the conservative Manhattan Institute.

https://reason.com/2024/05/06/murder-rates-are-plummeting-what-should-we-make-of-it/

What percentage of cities haven't learned to navigate the new-ish FBI reporting method, and just quit reporting?

Just a number, please...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

What percentage of cities haven't learned to navigate the new-ish FBI reporting method, and just quit reporting?

Just a number, please...

As the article points out, lots of crimes are easy to underreport. Homicide, not really. That's what makes it the best indicator of where crime is headed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

He blends in well and looks very statesman like . On the other hand Biden's face up there would just look ridiculous

I don't know, at least Biden hasn't got a daft hair doo.........🤔

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Anyone who calls themselves a conservative in the Classical Liberal sense but supports project 2025, seriously misunderstands what it means to be that sort of conservative..

Very true. Gotta go back pretty far to understand the classical meaning. I doubt many members have studied John Locke. They know about John Wicke, though.

F. A. Hayek is probably the leading modern revivalist of classical liberalism, as explained in his essay "Why I Am Not A Conservative" in his The Constitution of Liberty (1960).

Edited by BigStar

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

he was a 20 year old kid with some kind of republican party membership card in his pocket that is all you know, and it means nothing. You and a few others seem to be unable to accept this

As an example , in the UK several years ago many conservative MPs and other opponents of the labour party actually signed up for labour party membership and managed to get lefty loser Jeremy Corbyn voted in as leader 

Simply carrying a card means nothing

The shooter's classmates remember him as a MAGA type.

Your talking points are obsolete already.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, impulse said:

I used to be one of them.  Then I got a STEM degree, a decent job, bought a house, grew some pubic hair and started to get laid.  Not often enough, but not never.

Now I identify as a conservative.

Of course, it may also be related to liberals going so far left with DEI, boys in girls' bathrooms and sports, $900 of free stuff- just walk out with it,  zero $$ bail- even if you're already scheduled for 5 separate felony trials, and free food, housing and healthcare for everyone except citizens.

The stuff you denigrate has nothing to do with Conservatism.

35 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The shooter's classmates remember him as a MAGA type.

Your talking points are obsolete already.

Nah, you've merely leapt to a biased conclusion to fit the false liberal narrative. Looks more like a typical liberal dweeb. If he'd had any friends or substance, he'd have camped out with the pro-Hamas women on a uni quad.

image.png.f4265518ec4f8d45f4d31f5158fb33f5.png

Few friends, shy loner, apolitical, bullied, couldn't play sports, couldn't make the rifle team, would hang with anyone'd who'd tolerate him--at some point. Rather the opposite of a MAGA kid, fits more of a potentially deranged mass shooter profile. Motives unknown for now. Hinkley just wanted to impress Jodie Foster. You've never known or seen any MAGA kids, come down to it. Here's one for you ladies:

image.jpeg.9b50e71d4cd41d862c3eb4217015304e.jpeg

Edited by BigStar
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Biden good for the hair plugs.

It's a good thing Trump isn't vain enough to do anything similar. Oh...wait a minute...

" In a 1990 divorce deposition, under oath, Ivana Trump swore that in a fit of rage, Donald raped her because of the pain he was suffering resulting from his scalp reduction surgery in 1989.

Donald's scalp reduction, also known as alopecia reduction (AR), is most successfully performed on patients with balding on the crown on the head, according to HairtransplantMentor.com "The procedure, which essentially cuts out the patient's bald spot, follows these steps: Under anesthesia, the surgeon cuts away the balding area of the scalp... 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trumps-hair-mystery-solved-he-had-scalp-reduction_b_58966965e4b061551b3dff8a

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Could you provide something to back that claim up ?

Trump Rally Gunman Was ‘Definitely Conservative,’ Classmate Recalls

A former classmate of the 20-year-old man who tried unsuccessfully to kill former President Donald Trump at a Pennsylvania rally on Saturday recalled him being staunchly to the right of the political spectrum. “He definitely was conservative,” Max R. Smith told The Philadelphia Inquirer of Thomas Crooks.

----------

This nutjob's politics don't matter, he was just a nut job.

Edited by Danderman123

36 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump Rally Gunman Was ‘Definitely Conservative,’ Classmate Recalls

A former classmate of the 20-year-old man who tried unsuccessfully to kill former President Donald Trump at a Pennsylvania rally on Saturday recalled him being staunchly to the right of the political spectrum. “He definitely was conservative,” Max R. Smith told The Philadelphia Inquirer of Thomas Crooks.

----------

This nutjob's politics don't matter, he was just a nut job.

So one says, at a particular moment. "Conservative" doesn't mean "MAGA type." That's a merely liberal attempt at demonization. Others say, apolitical. Kind of a kid who doesn't know who he is, needs to establish an identity. So he did.

Here're some more threatening MAGA kids for you:

image.png.21350de3377d30b18e6ff5f6b2bb416e.png

Took down the Hamas flag and put back the American flag. WOT??? MAGA!

UNC student who defended American flag says ‘unwashed Marxist horde’ could only have it over his ‘dead body’

Total contrast to the dweeb pictured above.

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I suggest you read "The Manchurian Candidate" by Richard Condon.

Ironically I'm reading The Day of The Jackal at the moment.  Started about a week ago but I'm a slow reader.  The shooter in comparison planned meticulously but this kid just  seems to have made a spur of the moment decision.  Grabbed his gun and climbed on rough top near the President with almost no planning.

Lots of details missing but I'm guessing it was  a one in a million type of occurrence.  I definitely could be wrong and possibly this assassination attempt was an inside job but doubt it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Republicans often eat thier own.

My bet is you will be eating your words in the coming weeks.  There are conservatives that are Trump haters though and he might be one of them.  It amazes me that "some" conservatives that base there party membership on religious values vote for Trump.  Weird world...  I'll probably vote for Trump but it has nothing to do with religion.

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

It's a good thing Trump isn't vain enough to do anything similar. Oh...wait a minute...

" In a 1990 divorce deposition, under oath, Ivana Trump swore that in a fit of rage, Donald raped her because of the pain he was suffering resulting from his scalp reduction surgery in 1989.

Donald's scalp reduction, also known as alopecia reduction (AR), is most successfully performed on patients with balding on the crown on the head, according to HairtransplantMentor.com "The procedure, which essentially cuts out the patient's bald spot, follows these steps: Under anesthesia, the surgeon cuts away the balding area of the scalp... 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trumps-hair-mystery-solved-he-had-scalp-reduction_b_58966965e4b061551b3dff8a

Nobody cares.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Nobody cares.

Says the person who mentioned Biden's alleged hair plugs. Apparently, to your way of thinking, Biden's hair plugs are a fascinating issue whereas Trump's scalp reduction surgery is a matter of indifference.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Ironically I'm reading The Day of The Jackal at the moment.  Started about a week ago but I'm a slow reader.  The shooter in comparison planned meticulously but this kid just  seems to have made a spur of the moment decision.  Grabbed his gun and climbed on rough top near the President with almost no planning.

Lots of details missing but I'm guessing it was  a one in a million type of occurrence.  I definitely could be wrong and possibly this assassination attempt was an inside job but doubt it.

The most disturbing detail is how someone who was pointed out as having a weapon had enough time to get a shot off.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Says the person who mentioned Biden's alleged hair plugs. Apparently, to your way of thinking, Biden's hair plugs are a fascinating issue whereas Trump's scalp reduction surgery is a matter of indifference.

Again. Nobody cares.

• Thanks 1